Pasta with garlicky greens is just such an easy dinner to cook up, it’s healthy, fresh, tasty and filling.
You can use whatever greens you fancy – I tend to use whatever cabbage is in season and courgettes for extra pop of green. You can cook up the garlicky chilli spiked greens whilst the pasta cooks so the whole dish can be ready in little over 10 minutes. Great for busy work nights.
Quick note – if you’re making this for kids and they’re anti-cabbage like mine…. then blitz the cabbage in the blender before cooking, then it looks like pesto and the kids will eat it!
Quick and tasty vegan pasta dish
- Generous splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 1 courgette - halved length ways and fluffy seeds removed and finely sliced.
- large pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 small seasonal cabbage - either finely shredded or blitzed in the blender.
- 100ml white wine
- Pasta to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan and tip in the onions and a pinch of salt - gently fry for 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta on to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Add the garlic, courgettes and cabbage and pinch of chilli flakes to the frying pan with the onions and stir fry for 5 minutes - add the wine and and stir through the sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta (reserve a tea cup of water) tip the pasta into the garlicky greens and stir everything together gently. If the pasta needs loosening - add a drop of the pasta cooking water.
- Divide into bowls and eat.
Make pasta with garlicky greens your way
- go creamy with the sauce and stir through some mascarpone.
- switch the greens – try cavolo nero, savoy or spinach.
- add a sprinkling of toasted garlicky breadcrumbs for added crunch.
- want some meat – add in a handful of pancetta cubes.
How to serve pasta with garlicky greens
- Lovely for midweek dinner.
- Leftovers taste great cold next day for packed lunch.
PS… you might also just LOVE our easy vegan burger!