Peanut butter and banana on toast with just a sprinkling of cinnamon is a great, energy packed breakfast that’s quick, easy, cheap and totally yum!
Of course you don’t need to keep this one just for breakfast time, it makes a good snack any time of the day, especially for kids as an after school snack. And it’s a good snack to get them making for themselves too.
- 2 small slices of bread - I like poppy seeded bloomer
- peanut butter - as much or as little as you like
- 1 banana
- pinch of cinnamon
- Toast the bread.
- Spread with peanut butter.
- Top with sliced banana and a pinch of cinnamon.
Make peanut butter and banana toast your way…
- Skip the peanut butter and try out other nut butters.
- Try different sorts of bread, rolls or crackers.
- Skip the cinnamon and try a tiny drizzle of honey.
- Quick and easy breakfast.
- Afterschool snack.
- As a power snack when you need an energy boost.