Advertisement Feature Recipe
This delicious quick an easy breakfast is perfect for kids – topped with creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, dark chocolate, bananas and just a drizzle of maple syrup – this is a bowl of total comfort food.
If you’re looking to create a delicious, warming breakfast for the kids before they head out to school then you’re going to just love our delicious, nutritious peanut butter oatmeal recipe. It takes just a couple of minutes to make in the microwave, making it perfect for those busy school day mornings.
Millions of Americans enjoy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter daily and it’s now the UK’s turn to ‘Go Nuts’ for SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
We make our tasty breakfast oatmeal recipe using smooth and creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter which is made from the finest American peanuts, finely ground meaning you get a nut-packed taste but with a creamy texture and melt in the mouth feel – perfect for kids. SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is so smooth and just ideal for cooking and drizzling.
As a mum it’s important to me that I feed the kids healthy, nutritious food where I can and SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is perfect as it’s made with only high quality peanuts sourced from the USA and is rich in Oleic Acid (good fats) as well as being a great source of protein with 22.1g per 100g.
How to make peanut butter and chocolate oatmeal
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Oatmeal
- 40 g Rolled Oats
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 Banana sliced
- 1 tbsp Smooth SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Mix the oats and milk together in a microwavable bowl.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes – remove carefully from the microwave and stir gently.
- Continue to cook at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the porridge is at the consistency you like.
- Whilst the oatmeal cooks – gently warm the peanut butter in a small saucepan – this just makes it easier to drizzle over your oatmeal.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked – sprinkle over the chocolate chips and sliced banana then drizzle over the warm peanut butter and maple syrup.
Vegan Porridge Recipe
You can easily adapt our peanut butter and chocolate chip porridge to suit a vegan diet – just switch the milk for a plant based one – oat milk works really well with this recipe and adds to the creaminess. Switch the dark chocolate to a vegan variety.
More Oatmeal Toppings To Try
Mix your mornings up a little and try topping your oatmeal with these delicious ideas.
- SKIPPY® Peanut Butter with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.
- SKIPPY® Peanut Butter with fresh raspberries and white chocolate shavings.
- SKIPPY® Peanut Butter with blueberries.
Where to buy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is now widely available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, on sale in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, International section of Tesco and Ocado.
You can find more SKIPPY® Peanut Butter recipes over at www.peanutbutter.uk.com