Advertisement Feature Recipe
Peanut butter and chocolate porridge is a delicious quick an easy breakfast that’s perfect for kids. Oatmeal topped with creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, dark chocolate, bananas and just a drizzle of maple syrup – this is a bowl of total comfort food.
If you’re looking to create a delicious, warming breakfast for the kids before they head out to school then you’re going to just love our delicious, nutritious peanut butter oatmeal recipe.
It takes just a couple of minutes to make in the microwave, making it perfect for those busy school day mornings. One of our favourite easy recipes.
Millions of Americans enjoy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter daily and it’s now the UK’s turn to ‘Go Nuts’ for SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
We make our tasty breakfast oatmeal recipe using smooth and creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter which is made from the finest American peanuts, finely ground meaning you get a nut-packed taste but with a creamy texture and melt in the mouth feel – perfect for kids. SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is so smooth and just ideal for cooking and drizzling.
As a mum it’s important to me that I feed the kids healthy, nutritious food where I can and SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is perfect as it’s made with only high quality peanuts sourced from the USA and is rich in Oleic Acid (good fats) as well as being a great source of protein with 22.1g per 100g.
How to make peanut butter and chocolate porridge
Vegan Porridge Recipe
You can easily adapt our peanut butter and chocolate chip porridge to suit a vegan diet.
Just switch the milk for a plant based one. Oat milk works really well with this recipe and adds to the creaminess. Switch the dark chocolate to a vegan variety.
More Oatmeal Toppings To Try
Mix your mornings up a little and try topping your oatmeal with these delicious ideas.
- Sliced strawberries, maple syrup and SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
- SKIPPY® Peanut Butter with fresh raspberries and white chocolate shavings.
- Blueberries with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
More porridge topping ideas here.
More kids meals here
Where to buy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is now widely available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties. On sale in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, International section of Tesco and Ocado.
- 40g Rolled Oats
- 200ml Milk
- 1 Banana - sliced
- 1 tbs Smooth SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
- 1 tbs Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Mix the oats and milk together in a microwavable bowl.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes – remove carefully from the microwave and stir gently.
- Continue to cook at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the porridge is at the consistency you like.
- Whilst the oatmeal cooks – gently warm the peanut butter in a small saucepan – this just makes it easier to drizzle over your oatmeal.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked – sprinkle over the chocolate chips and sliced banana then drizzle over the warm peanut butter and maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 9gSugar: 29gProtein: 18g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
You can find more SKIPPY® Peanut Butter recipes over at www.peanutbutter.uk.com
More breakfast ideas for kids here!
For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here