Oh…. Oh my goodness this is just too good. Indulgent, warming, sweet and salty peanut butter hot chocolate on a cold, wet and windy day. Perfect.
To make this simply gorgeous drink you’ll just need a deep saucepan, add in the salted peanut butter, mix into a smooth silky paste using the double cream, then stir in the hot chocolate powder and whisk in the milk. Warm gently without allowing to boil and serve in little cups sprinkled with grated dark chocolate.
Totally indulgent hot chocolate
- 3 heaped tbs of smooth peanut butter
- 200ml double cream
- 10 tsp hot chocolate powder, we use Cadbury's
- 1 pint milk
- Dark chocolate for serving
- Add the peanut butter to the pan and slowly mix in the double cream to make a smooth paste.
- Stir in the hot chocolate powder and then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Warm through gently and don't allow the pan to boil.
- Serve in small cups with a grating of dark chocolate on top.
Make peanut butter hot chocolate your way…
- add marshmallows
- scatter over some glitter
- add a shot of rum
- Perfect when snuggled up around the fire on a cold night.
Enjoy your gourmet hot chocolate!