Want a super easy, low effort, low fuss – yet totally delicious stylish Stilton salad recipe? Then say hello to our yummy pear and stilton salad – perfect starter or light lunch recipe.
Does Stilton go in salad?
Mmmm believe me – Stilton goes so perfectly in salad but hey I know it’s a strong big flavour cheese so balancing it with the sweetness of pears and the bitter savoury tang of walnuts works super well.
How to make easy pear and Stilton salad
We’re literally throwing this salad together here – it’s like zero effort in return for BIG flavour. Grab a platter and scatter over your salad leaves, top with sliced ripe pear, crumble over some Stilton and toss over some lovely walnuts.
I like to add a little extra crunch with a packet on mini bruschetta used as croutons and I add a little drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt. We’re talking like 5 minutes hands on work here so it’s great for when you really can’t be bothered but still want to eat nice food!
Pear and Stilton salad with added extras!
Fancy making more of your salad? Then personalise it and add in some extras or switch around the ingredients to suit your own tastes. We kinda like….
- adding in some crispy smoked bacon
- switch the rocket for baby spinach or those packs of bistro salad leaves
- don’t like walnuts – throw on some toasted pine nuts instead
How to make your own salad croutons
If you don’t like to buy ready made croutons then make a batch of your own – they’re so delicious and super easy!
You’ll just need…
- couple of slices of bread – dry bread you’re probably ready for throwing out is good for this!
- a good glug of olive oil
- sea salt, cracked black pepper and a pinch of oregano
How to make the croutons…
- Use a non-stick frying pan – this will reduce the amount of oil you need to use.
- Add a good splash of olive oil and turn the heat up high
- Cut the bread into cubes – you can use the crusts too if you like.
- Tip the bread into the pan – sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano and briskly fry until browned.
- Remove from the pan onto a piece of kitchen paper towel to soak off any excess oil.
- Leave to cool (or not it’s up to you) and throw them in your salad.
Seriously.. you’ll struggle to leave these alone once cooked! They’re so moreish!
How to serve Pear and Stilton Salad
- Perfect with some fresh crusty bread for lunch or easy dinner.
- Pack into lunch boxes and take for lunch or picnics.
Ways to use up leftover Stilton
Our pear and stilton salad is a great way to use up any leftover bits of Stilton especially when it’s Christmas and life is all about the cheese! Other than throwing it in salad you can use up leftover Stilton is loads of ways.
- make amazing Stilton toasted sandwiches
- stir Stilton through freshly cooked gnocchi with pan fried mushrooms
- make a really cheesy sauce with Stilton and pour over cauliflower – brown under the grill
Love salad? Grab more of our salad recipes here
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1 pear - remove the core and sliced
- a small handful of crumbled Stilton
- a small handful of walnuts
- 2 handfuls of mini bruschetta or croutons
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Scatter the rocket leaves onto the plate.
- Top with sliced pear.
- Crumble over the Stilton cheese.
- Scatter over the walnuts.
- Add the mini bruschetta or croutons.
- Add a light drizzle of olive oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 814mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 8gSugar: 22gProtein: 13g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.