With all the rich food winter brings, sometimes it’s nice to lighten up and enjoy a fresh and tasty salad. Our caramelised pear, prosciutto and walnut salad is simple to throw together and makes the perfect lunch or light dinner.
We’ve used the exquisite Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano to give our salad a great authentic Italian taste. The saltiness of the prosciutto combines deliciously with the sweetness of the pears and the walnuts, rocket and Grana Pandano add a delicious tang.
Delicious light Italian salad
- knob of butter
- 2 pears - quarters and core removed
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 6 slices of Prosciutto Di San Daniele
- small handful of walnuts
- Grana Padano shavings
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan over a high heat - add the pears and sprinkle over the sugar - cook until they're soft and caramelising.
- Meanwhile take two plates - scatter over the rocket, spoon on the warm pears, scatter over the walnuts and lay on the prosciutto slices.
- Scatter over the Grana Padano shavings.
- Add a small drizzle of olive oil to taste.
Make pear, prosciutto and walnut salad your way
- switch the walnuts for pine nuts and the rocket for baby leaf salad.
- keep the pears uncooked.
How to serve pear, prosciutto and walnut salad
- deliciously easy light lunch.
- serve with sourdough bread for an easy dinner.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Love to eat Italian food? Try out more of our easy Italian recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here