I just love the fresh clean smell of peppermint and combined with the warming, spicy nutmeg oil, it just makes a perfect blend that when spritzed around a room gives a really clean, uplifting scent.
I like to use the peppermint and nutmeg room spray in bedrooms, living rooms and hallways.
Peppermint essential oil is a good oil to have in at home, not only is it great for our room spray but you can also use it for soothing sore muscles, sooth sickness, reduce itchy bug bites and ease headaches. More uses of peppermint oil here.
Essential oils are really wildly available now and you can buy the popular ones at most chemist shops even the little local chemists or order online from places like Amazon or Neal’s Yard. I often use peppermint and nutmeg oil together in the little tea-light oil burners too – especially in the hallway it just smells so lovely.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PEPPERMINT & NUTMEG ROOM SPRAY
- small pump action spray bottle (150 – 200ml). You can re-purpose one, well washed out and rinsed or you can pick them up quite cheaply in shops.
- peppermint essential oil
- nutmeg essential oil
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT & NUTMEG ROOM SPRAY
- fill the bottle with cold water almost to the top.
- add just 4 drops of your peppermint oil and a further 2 drops of nutmeg oil.
- fasten the lid securely and shake well. Shake before each use also as the oils will separate from the water.
HOW TO USE PEPPERMINT & NUTMEG ROOM SPRAY
- Shake well to mix the oils into the water.
- Lightly spray around the room.
- Remember this has got a small amount of oil in the mixture so there’s always the possibility it may cause small stains if sprayed directly onto fabric, furnishings or furniture – if you’re worried about this then don’t use it or spay with care.
- Use the spay within a couple of days and then discard any leftover.
*Health Caution* When using natural essential oils it’s important to note that some natural essential oils are contraindicated for use with certain health conditions and pregnancy, always check before you use them and if in doubt consult a qualified aromatherapist. Always store oils and homemade room spray out of reach of children.
You might also just LOVE our homemade rug freshener here