Poached egg on avocado toast is a total favourite when it comes to brunch and it’s super simple to make too – yes, even the poached egg!
Perfect Poached Egg on Avocado Toast
Totally delicious brunch recipe
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large egg
- sea salt and black pepper
- Boil the kettle - then take a small saucepan and half fill it with the boiling water, add a pinch of salt - put it over a low heat so the water is just boiling.
- Take a spoon and stir the water to create a spinning action.
- Break the egg into a small cup and lower into the centre of the pan of water - the spinning action of the water will wrap the egg white nicely around the yolk as it cooks. Just leave the egg alone now to poach.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes
- Whilst the egg poaches, toast the sourdough bread and mash half the avocado onto the toast with the back of a fork - drizzle over just a little olive oil.
- When the timer goes gently lift the egg out of the pan of water with a slotted spoon - making sure it's cooked to your liking - if not pop it back for a few more seconds.
- Place the egg onto a piece of kitchen paper and gently pat dry then place on top of your avocado toast.
- Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and eat straight away.
How to serve poached eggs on avocado toast
- We think this goes great with a glass of fresh orange juice maybe a side of oven blistered baby plum tomatoes. You could also add just a sprinkling of red chilli flakes or drizzle of hot chilli sauce.