Our perfect tomato salad is not only super tasty but it’s really easy to throw together too. Ready in just minutes, a vibrant colourful side salad that’ll perk up any dinner.
We like to make the tomato salad with a mix of different tomato varieties but it really doesn’t matter, just use what you can get hold of, there’s no rules.
Beautiful summery tomato salad that sits happily alongside any dinner.
- 600g baby tomatoes - try a mixture of types or just stick to baby plum.
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- Handful of torn basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes, chop them any old way and throw them into the serving dish.
- Drizzle over as much or as little olive oil and Balsamic vinegar as you like.
- Season with salt and black pepper then scatter over the torn basil leaves.
Make Perfect Tomato Salad your way
- Try scattering with fresh thyme or dill instead of basil.
- Use a lemon infused olive oil instead of plain.
- Add in some thinly sliced radish or scatter over a handful of capers and black olives.
How to serve Perfect Tomato Salad
- Delicious alongside any pasta dish – try our spaghetti with prawns
- Perfect as part of an antipasti spread.