Use the leftover roast chicken from Sunday dinner to whip up this tasty, flavour packed pesto chicken salad sandwich for Monday lunchtime.
A delicious combo of pesto, creamy mayonnaise and roast chicken tossed together and packed into a sandwich with Italian style salad leaves.
We quite like a little side of Yushoi Snapea rice sticks, they’re tasty little rice and pea baked snacks, totally yum!
Make pesto chicken salad sandwiches your way…
- If you’ve no leftover chicken, use a steamed chicken breast or shop bought chicken chunks.
- Switch the green pesto for other varieties.
- Add more protein and stir through some cooked borlotti beans.
- Up the veggie content by adding some jarred peppers or sun dried tomatoes.
- Serve on different types of bread, ciabatta rolls work well.
How to serve up chicken salad sandwiches
- Take for packed lunch, wrap well in foil or greaseproof paper.
- Eat for Monday night dinner with a side of sweet potato wedges.
- Skip the sandwiches and turn it into baked potato topping or simply a salad bowl.
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp pesto
- handful of cold roast chicken
- handful of black olives pitted
- 2 handfuls of Italian style salad leaves
- Mix the mayonnaise and pesto together in a bowl.
- Chop the roast chicken into small pieces add it to the pesto mayonnaise along with the black olives.
- Stir well to mix everything together.
- Butter the bread if you like then add the Italian salad leaves, then top with the pesto chicken and squash on the top slice of bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 625mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get more delicious leftover recipes here
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Love sandwiches – get lots more sandwich recipes and ideas here