Our pineapple skewers with minty sugar make a tasty fresh and fruity zingy dessert, ideal for serving at BBQ parties. They’re quick, easy and oh so moreish, we love these with a little kick of chilli.
A deliciously fruity BBQ treat
- a fresh pineapple
- a good handful of fresh mint leaves
- 4 - 5 tbs of caster sugar
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- kebab sticks
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into thick chunks (don’t use the tough inner core)
- Using a pestle & mortar bash up the mint leaves - add the sugar and grind the mixture together, I like to add a pinch of chilli flakes here too as I like a little extra kick -but it’s also delicious without.
- Thread the pineapple chunks onto kebab sticks.
- Rub the pineapple with the mint & chilli sugar.
- BBQ (or griddle if the weather is against you) for a few minutes on each side
Ideal served after a burger or spicy curry. Try serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Make pineapple skewers your way
- Skip the chilli and just keep the mint sugar.
- Skip the sugar and drizzle with honey.
- Thread on juicy peaches amongst the pineapple.
How to serve pineapple skewers
- Serve them just as they are – let them cool a little before eating.
- Serve with Greek yogurt.