Make our pirate puppet collection and create your very own pirate stories with our free printable pirate puppets and pirate ship! A super cute kids activity that’s perfect for imaginative play this summer!
Pirate Puppet Craft For Kids
Something about the summer that makes me want to do all of the seaside themed crafts with the kids.
This craft is inspired by the Brixham Pirate Festival – if you’ve never been it’s well worth a visit!
And our super cute pirate puppets are easy, fun and great for imaginative play.
You’ll only need a few things for this craft so it’s inexpensive to make.
Plus there’s loads of room for adding extras and getting the kids to use their imaginations not only with a little art and craft but also role play and story telling.
What You Need To Make Pirate Puppet And Pirate Ship
- a copy of our printable – you can download and print this at the bottom of the post!
- colouring pens or crayons
- egg box lid
- brown paint
- 5 lolly sticks
- sticky tape
- black marker pen/paint
- small ball of playdoh
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
How To Make Pirate Puppet and Pirate Ship
- colour in the pirates, parrot and pirate ship sail.
- cut them out
- stick the pirates and parrot to lolly sticks.
- paint egg box brown and draw on some pirate ship features.
- tape two lolly sticks together to make the pirate ship mast.
- attach the sail either with sticky tape or by standing it in the playdoh and pop the Jolly Roger flag on top.
Loads more kids art projects and activities here
Further Pirate Play Opportunities
- make some extra features – a treasure chest filled with gold or paper mache desert island.
- create stories or put on puppet shows.
More Simple Kids Crafts To Try
More BRILLIANT kids crafts here
- Pirate puppet printable (available at the bottom of the post)
- Egg box lid
- Colouring pens
- Brown paint
- 5 lollipop sticks
- Black marker pen
- Sticky Tape
- Small ball play doh
- Colour in the pirates, parrot and pirate ship sail.
- Cut them out
- Stick the pirates and parrot to lolly sticks.
- Paint the egg box brown and draw on some pirate ship features.
- Use sticky tape to tape two lolly sticks together to make the pirate ship mast.
- Attach the sail either with sticky tape or by standing it in the playdoh and pop the Jolly Roger flag on top.
Get the Pirate Puppet Printable here!
Get lots more summer activities for kids here