A delicious pistachio ice cream milkshake recipe thats just so simple to make!
We love making ice cream milkshakes, they’re so simple to whizz up in the blender and using ice cream means you can whip up a really flavourful milkshake without a whole lot of effort.
We found the most gorgeous Pistachio, Almond and Lemon Gelato from Hackney Gelato and it tastes just out of this world! So GOOD!
Honestly, delicious, soft, creamy nuttiness that’s just oh so perfect for whipping up into milkshake. And that little hit of lemon, well it works so well.
Our pistachio almond milkshake recipe is just a dream!
How to make ice cream milkshakes at home
As long as you pick a good quality, flavourful ice cream then mixing up ice cream milkshakes at home is super easy.
Just add your chosen ice cream and milk to a blender and whizz until the ice cream is smooth and mixes into the milk in a lovely frothy texture.
Pour into your bottle or glass and if you want to decorate it then add a squirt of whipped cream and top with sprinkles or chocolate flakes.
Pistachio Ice Cream Milkshake Ingredients
- 250ml pistachio ice cream
- 250ml full fat milk
- Squirt of whipped cream from a can
- 1 tsp unicorn confetti sprinkles
How to make Pistachio Ice Cream Milkshake
- Add the pistachio ice cream in scoops to a food processor.
- Give it a quick blitz to smooth it slightly before adding the milk.
- Pour in the full fat milk and blend until the pistachio milkshake is frothy and bubbling deliciously.
- Pour the pistachio milkshake into serving bottles or glasses, whichever you prefer.
- Now we like our pistachio ice cream milkshakes finished off with a fancy little topping or two – so we add a squirt of whipped cream on the top.
- Add a sprinkling of unicorn sprinkles…. or ground pistachio nut sprinkles or even a pinch of chocolate flakes or lemon zest.
Milk to Ice Cream Ratio for Ice Cream Milkshake
I like to use half – half when making ice cream milkshakes but you can honestly just add whatever quantity you like, try out different amounts and see what you prefer.
Obviously if you’re getting all the flavour from the ice cream and not adding any other ingredients apart from the milk then you need to make sure you use at least a 50-50 ratio for flavourful milkshake.
More milkshake recipes to try
If you LOVE ice cream milkshakes then you’ll just adore our ice cream milkshake collection below – every one of these delicious milkshakes is unbelievably good!
- Oreo Milkshake – The BEST Oreo Ice Cream Milkshake and it has just three ingredients – it’s beyond gorgeous!
- Salted Caramel & Banana Milkshake – A quick and super easy indulgent milkshake that combines salted caramel ice-cream with ripe banana for a taste explosion. Top with flaked chocolate and life is good
- Banoffee Pie Milkshake – Our super easy creamy banana milkshake tastes like liquid banoffee pie! A huge hit with the kids!
- 250ml Pistachio Ice Cream
- 250ml Full Fat Milk
- 1 tbs whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp unicorn confetti sprinkles
- Add the pistachio ice cream to the blender and give it a quick blitz.
- Pour the milk into the blender and whizz the ice cream and milk together until frothy and delicious.
- Pour into serving glasses - top with whipped cream and unicorn sprinkles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g