Advertisement Feature Recipe with Crespo
Throw together a delicious pizza style bruschetta with just a handful of ingredients. Is there a better Italian snack?! We don’t think so!
Simple Bruschetta Recipe
There’s nothing easier to make than bruschetta, they’re quick and easy to cook, you can top them with literally anything you fancy – savoury or sweet and they just taste oh so good!
Our Pizza Bruschetta is completely delicious – like pizza, just quicker, fresher and a whole lot less work.
How to make Bruschetta
Grab yourself a great loaf of bread – I prefer to use sourdough, it toasts better and is more robust at holding the toppings. Slice it generously but not too thick.
Then simply toast – you can do this under the grill, in the toaster or in a hot griddle pan. Once both sides are toasted rub the surface with a peeled clove of garlic, this just gives the bruschetta a lovely garlicky kick. Then add a little drizzle of olive oil.
That’s all there is to basic bruschetta – you can eat basic bruschetta dipped into lovely autumnal soups.
Pizza Bruschetta Topping
To create a pizza style bruschetta we top the basic bruschetta with roast baby vine tomatoes, mozzarella, delicious Crespo green olives and torn basil – simply seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Simple and delicious.
- 450 g Baby vine tomatoes
- 1 sprig Fresh oregano
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 4 slices Sourdough Bread
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- 125 g Mozzarella torn into strips
- 1 handful Crespo Pitted Green Olives
- 1 handful Fresh Basil
- Heat oven to 200C – place the vine tomatoes into roasting tray, add the oregano, drizzle over the olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper if you like. Roast in the oven for around 25 minutes or until squishy and just colouring.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and leave to cool a little before removing the vines and roughly chopping the tomatoes.
- Toast the sourdough bread, rub the surface lightly with a peeled clove of garlic and drizzle with just a little olive oil.
- Top the bruschetta with the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, Crespo pitted green olives and torn basil. You can drizzle over more olive oil to if you like.
- Slide the brushetta onto a serving plate and eat immediately.
More Bruschetta Topping Ideas
You can serve bruschetta warm or cold and play around with different toppings to suit your own tastes – there’s no rules, just eat what tastes good to you! Some bruschetta topping ideas to try…
- Borlotti beans, Crespo pitted green olives, chopped rosemary and lemon zest.
- Salami, Crespo pitted black olives, chopped flat leaf parsley and fresh chopped tomatoes.
- Chargrilled peppers, Crespo pitted green olives, crumbled feta cheese and torn basil
- Ricotta cheese, fresh sliced figs, drizzle of honey.
How to serve pizza bruschetta
Our little sourdough pizza bruschetta are delicious served as an Italian appetiser with drinks – or as an easy laid back lunch.
More Mediterranean recipes with olives to try
- Greek Potato Salad
- Falafel Pitta Lunch Bowl
- Greek Style Fries with Olives and Feta – Ad feature recipe
Disclosure – advertisement feature recipe for Crespo olives.