Okay, okay I know… pizza toast is no substitution for a lovingly made from scratch, real, authentic Italian pizza baked in a wood-fired oven…. BUT there’s definitely room in my life for both – although probs not on the same day…
Our pizza toast is so easy to make and so tasty! It makes a great snack for kids when they get home from school, or simply add a side salad or bowl of warming soup and call it an easy midweek dinner.
So… how do you make really flavoursome pizza toast? Well, we’ve teamed up with Turci herb seasoning sprays so we’re packing the flavour in the easy way! Turci seasoning sprays are a delicious range of flavoursome cold pressed herb sprays that I guarantee will add an instant twist of flavour to your cooking the EASY way. These are just such a brilliant idea! You can buy the Turci seasoning spays for £2 at Tesco.
You just need a handful of ingredients and around 10 minutes to put together these delicious pizza toasts – you can even make full trays of them at once, so they’re great for kids tea times.
A super easy, tasty snack.
- 1 thick slice fresh bread - we love Tiger bread for this recipe.
- 2 heaped tsp passata
- 1 large handful of grated cheese
- Turci oregano herb seasoning spray
- Turci basil herb seasoning spray
- Preheat the grill to a high heat - then toast one side of the bread.
- Remove from under the grill and flip over - spread the passata onto the un-toasted side and then top with grated cheese.
- Add a few sprays each of the basil and oregano spray.
- Pop the pizza toast back under the grill and cook until the cheese is melting and bubbling.
Make pizza toast your way
- Add in some more toppings – try any of your pizza favourites – salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, black olives, anchovies or smoked ham.
- Add some spicy heat with a spray of the Turci chilli seasoning spray.
- Go healthier on the bread and choose a wholegrain or sourdough loaf.
How to serve pizza toasts
- Great alongside a quick flavoursome salad – try our tomato salad or add a serving of Waldorf salad alongside.
- On chilly days we just love these pizza toasts dipped into a homemade minestrone soup.
You might also just LOVE our sticky chilli cranberry sausages here made using the Turci chilli spray – perfect little Christmas canapés and oh so tasty!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Disclosure – advertorial for Turci – for full details of my disclosure policy please read here.