Mix up some delicious little chocolate cakes with our super easy Popcorn Cake Recipe – perfect for kids birthday parties.
Homemade Popcorn Cakes
Our white chocolate popcorn cakes with unicorn sprinkles are just super easy to make! Melt a big bowl of creamy white chocolate, stir in the popcorn then divide into pretty little cupcake cases and sprinkle over the unicorn confetti.
The popcorn cakes will just need an hour or so in the fridge to set. Then they’re ready to eat!
Chocolate Popcorn Cake Recipe
- 400 g White Chocolate broken into pieces
- 80 g Popcorn choose salted or plain
- 4 tbsp Unicorn Confetti Sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir gently as it melts.
- Tip in 80g popcorn and stir gently to cover it all in melted chocolate.
- Divide the chocolate popcorn cake batter between the cupcake cases using a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the unicorn confetti.
- Allow to set properly in the fridge for around an hour before serving
Popcorn Cake Cases
These little white chocolate popcorn cakes look super nice in pastel paper cupcake cases to match the unicorn confetti sprinkle colours. You could always make these with dark sprinkles or shiny silver and gold sprinkles and choose cupcake cases to coordinate.
Popcorn Cake Bars
Turn your chocolate popcorn cakes into cake bars – just line a tin with greaseproof paper and tip the popcorn cake batter into the tin – flatten down with the back of a spoon – sprinkle over the coloured confetti sprinkles then leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before slicing into cake bars.
Make Popcorn Cakes Your Way
You could add little extras to your popcorn cakes – try marshmallows, dried strawberries, chunks of fudge or butterscotch or edible glitter.