Adding a healthy twist to a classic kids favourite. Our posh dogs are made using Cumberland chipolatas served up in a roll and topped with maple syrup marinated roast root vegetables. A tasty wintery treat.
My kids are not at all keen on root vegetables but roasting them with a little maple syrup brings out a real sweetness that kids just adore and these posh dogs are always cleared!
Best of all this meal is ready in 30 minutes! Making it fab for feeding hungry kids!
Adding extra veg to a kids teatime favourite
- 2 carrots - chopped into batons
- 1 parsnip - chopped into batons
- 2 small onions - sliced into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 6 hot dog rolls
- ketchup and mustard to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the sausages into a roasting tin and into the oven - cook for around 20 - 25 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and maple syrup to coat. Place in a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 20 minutes - give the tray a shake after 10 minutes.
- Split the bread rolls and put two sausages into each, top with roast root vegetables and squirt on the mustard and ketchup.
Nice served with wedges or cheesy nachos.
Make it your way:
- Want more fibre – use wholewheat crusty rolls.
- Mix up the veggies – this is also tasty made with swede and beetroot.
- No maple syrup – use honey
- Go totally veggie and use Quorn sausages.