You can whip up a tray of these posh sausage rolls in under an hour. Great for autumn tea times, autumn picnics or if you’re throwing a party and just adding to the spread of food.
What makes them posh? Well… a the sausages are good, proper sausages with a high meat content, they sit on a layer of caramelised onion chutney and cubes of mature cheddar cheese. They’re rustic, delicious and you’ll be making them again and again.
Make posh sausage rolls your way
- Switch out the cheddar for blue cheese
- Go spicy and add sweet chilli jam instead of onion chutney
- Go veggie and skip the sausages just keep the cheese and chutney
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our easy pasty recipe
- 1 packet of Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet
- 6 good quality sausages
- 80g mature cheddar cut into tiny cubes
- 6 tsp of caramelised onion chutney
- 1 egg - beaten
- Heat the oven to 200C and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Unroll the pastry and divide into six equal rectangles.
- Spread a tsp of chutney down the middle of each pastry piece, top with cubes of cheese.
- De-skin the sausages - just slice down them length ways and flip the meat from the sausage skin. Place the sausage meat onto the cheese and chutney.
- Egg wash the pastry surrounding the filling and fold it over.
- Put the sausage rolls folded side down onto the baking tray, egg wash the tops and slice the tops a couple of times.
- Bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.