You can whip up a tray of these posh sausage rolls in under an hour. Great for autumn tea times, autumn picnics or if you’re throwing a party and just adding to the spread of food.
What makes them posh? Well… a the sausages are good, proper sausages with a high meat content, they sit on a layer of caramelised onion chutney and cubes of mature cheddar cheese. They’re rustic, delicious and you’ll be making them again and again.
Meaty sausages, rich and tangy chutney, mature cheddar.... hello autumn.
- 1 packet of Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet
- 6 good quality sausages
- 80g mature cheddar cut into tiny cubes
- 6 tsp of caramelised onion chutney
- 1 egg - beaten
- Heat the oven to 200C and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Unroll the pastry and divide into six equal rectangles.
- Spread a tsp of chutney down the middle of each pastry piece, top with cubes of cheese.
- De-skin the sausages - just slice down them length ways and flip the meat from the sausage skin. Place the sausage meat onto the cheese and chutney.
- Egg wash the pastry surrounding the filling and fold it over.
- Put the sausage rolls folded side down onto the baking tray, egg wash the tops and slice the tops a couple of times.
- Bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
Make posh sausage rolls your way
- Switch out the cheddar for blue cheese
- Go spicy and add sweet chilli jam instead of onion chutney
- Go veggie and skip the sausages just keep the cheese and chutney
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our easy pasty recipe