Take your Potato Salad to THE NEXT LEVEL with our super delicious luxury potato salad recipe with smoked salmon and asparagus – super easy light dinner or date night meal!
How to make potato salad extra special
I just love this recipe, baby new potatoes, asparagus and smoked salmon just work so well together, a really lovely flavoursome spring dish.
It’s really quick to make, it tastes absolutely delicious, makes me feel healthy just eating it AND it looks really pretty on the plate. This recipe makes enough beautiful potato salad for two people for an easy light lunch or supper.
To save time choose new potatoes that are already cleaned so they just need a quick run under the tap to wash them and buy rocket leaves washed and ready to eat. When cooking midweek I like things to be quick and easy.
If you prefer you can just drape the smoked salmon over the salad as it is but I like it hot so give it a quick fry and serve it warm.
Deliciously light and healthy spring recipe.
- 400g baby new potatoes - washed and cut into bitesized chunks
- 100g asparagus tips - choose slender ones
- 1 heaped tbs mayonnaise
- 1 heaped tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp capers
- zest of a lemon
- 40g rocket
- 150g smoked salmon
- splash of olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, tip in the new potatoes and simmer for around 6-7 minutes until tender - add the asparagus for the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Whilst the potatoes cook make up the potato salad dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon zest and 1 tsp of the capers together in a small dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes and asparagus are cooked, drain, put the asparagus to one side and then toss the potatoes in the creamy lemon dressing.
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and quickly fry up the smoked salmon strips if you're having them hot - they'll only take a couple of minutes to cook through.
- Assemble the salad by adding a couple of handfuls of rocket to the plate, pile on the dressed potatoes, scatter over the asparagus and lay the salmon on top, scatter over the remaining teaspoonful of capers.
Make potato salad your way
- Don’t fancy salmon – then use tinned tuna or cooked prawns instead.
- Switch the rocket for baby leaf salad.
- Cut the carbs by using sweet potatoes or skipping the potatoes altogether.
- Make the dressing low fat by using fat-free yogurt.
- Add chopped boiled eggs to your potato salad dressing.
- Throw in some added veggies – garlicky mushrooms, peas and peppers all work well.
How to serve potato salad
- Delicious just as it is and perfect for a light spring dinner or date night mal.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread and glass of icy cold white wine.
More potato salad recipes for you to try…
- Classic Potato Salad
- Potato Salad with Bacon
- Baked Potato Salad recipe from Tastes Better From Scratch
Hit subscribe below for daily food and lifestyle inspiration!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
Get more potato salad recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
More healthy salmon recipes here