Potato wedge melt, hardly a recipe but totally delicious and ready in under 20 minutes which is pretty perfect when you want a really quick and cheesy meal.
This is a cheat dinner so we’ll be opening some packets! It’s simple and quick. Just cook a packet of frozen potato wedges and once they’re cooked flake over a couple of tins of tuna, a tin of sweetcorn, a jar of mini peppers and a good few handfuls of grated cheese. Return them to the oven until the toppings warm through and the cheese melts deliciously over the top of it all.
I serve this with a big green salad and usually some BBQ baked beans on the side too. A good store cupboard meal that will feed a family and is ready in minutes.
Quick and easy stand-by family meal.
- Bag of frozen potato wedges
- 2 tins of tuna
- jar of peppers
- large tin of sweetcorn
- 4 large handfuls of grated cheese
- Cook the potato wedges as per the packet instructions.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and flake over the tuna, scatter over the sweetcorn and peppers then top with the grated cheese.
- Return to the oven and cook for a few minutes until the toppings have warmed through and the cheese melted.
- Serve with a salad and baked beans.
Make potato wedge melt your way
- Use Mexican spiced wedges instead of plain
- Top with leftover chilli (beef or veggie) or strips of ham.
- Add onion wedges or courgettes.
- Top with mozzarella instead of Cheddar