We just love this prawn and chorizo pasta recipe, it’s everything you want from a quick midweek dinner – fast, tasty and easy to make!
Totally delicious filling pasta
- splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 100g chorizo sausage - chopped into tiny pieces or buy the chorizo sprinkles packs
- 200g raw king prawns
- 200g baby plum tomatoes
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 80g rocket - chopped
- spaghetti to serve
- Put the spaghetti on to cook as per the packet instructions
- Add a good splash of olive oil to a large pan (one big enough to take the pasta later)
- Add the chopped garlic and chorizo sprinkles and gently fry until crisping.
- Tip in the prawns and stir fry until they're pink.
- Add the fresh baby plum tomatoes and tinned tomatoes.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid off for 10 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Just before you add the pasta - check the seasoning and add sea salt and black pepper if needed.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked - drain it well (save a cup full of the cooking water)
- Add the spaghetti and chopped rocket to the pan and toss everything together - use the saved cooking water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Divide between the plates and tuck in straight away.
Make Prawn & Chorizo pasta your way
- Want a little more kick? Try making it with a small amount of Nduja or adding a sprinkling of dried chilli flakes
- Don’t like rocket? Add chopped spinach instead.
How to serve Prawn & Chorizo pasta
- Perfect with a fresh green garden salad
- Try with steamed green beans
Oooooh we think you might also like our Cheat Spanish Rice recipe