We are loving this prawn and pea pasta here at Daisies & Pie, it’s a total standby dinner you can throw together using food from the freezer and cupboard, nothing fresh needed.
The prawn and pea pasta is ready to eat in less than 20 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknight when you want your food ready FAST.
Quick and oh so delicious pasta
- Splash of olive oil
- Tsp lazy garlic
- 500g carton passata
- tsp of ground fennel seeds or pinch of dried oregano (or both)
- 400g cooked prawns (I use frozen ones defrosted as per the packet instructions)
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- sea salt and black pepper
- 350-400g spaghetti (depending on appetite)
- Set the spaghetti off cooking in a pan of large salted water with a splash of olive oil - it'll take around 10 minutes - stir every few minutes to stop the spaghetti sticking.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan or wok (one that'll hold the pasta later)
- Sizzle the garlic for a minute then pour in the passata - add the fennel, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce up to the boil then add the prawns and peas and cook for around 8-10 minutes or until the peas are cooked through and the prawns hot throughout.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and toss the spaghetti into the sauce, lift and turn the spaghetti to coat it all with lovely sauce.
- Divide between the plates.
Make prawn and pea pasta your way
- go spicy and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- add in more veggies to suit your taste.
- use chopped tomatoes instead of passata.
- use any pasta you like, you don’t have to stick with spaghetti.
How to serve prawn and pea pasta
- perfect for midweek dinner just as it is.
- or serve with salad or steamed beans