You could be tucking into a bowl of delicious Prawn and Rocket Pasta in less than 20 minutes, it’s perfect for weeknights, flavoursome and easy to make, a great summer dinner.
To throw together this healthy Italian dinner you’ll need…
Healthy, fresh pasta dish
- 350g pasta
- splash of olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 300g raw king prawns
- 1 tbs sun dried tomato puree
- 300g baby plum tomatoes - sliced in halves
- 1/2 glass white wine
- zest of a lemon
- 150g rocket - roughly chopped
- Put the pasta on to cook as per the packet instructions - add sea salt and a splash of olive oil to the water.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, get on with making the sauce. Add a splash of olive oil to a large saucepan, tip in the garlic and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Tip in the prawns and stir fry briskly until cooked through properly.
- Stir in the sun dried tomato paste and baby plum tomatoes and cook over a medium heat until the tomatoes are softening.
- Add the wine and lemon zest - and turn up the heat.
- Drain the pasta and tip it into the sauce, add the rocket and stir everything together.
- To serve divide between the bowls and eat straight away.
Make prawn and rocket pasta your way
- Switch the pasta shapes – try linguine or penne.
- Switch the rocket for spinach for a milder tasting dish.
How to serve prawn and rocket pasta
- Delicious for midweek dinner – add a side of tomato salad or fresh green salad on the side.
PS… you might also just LOVE our super easy pasta pesto