Our Prawn and Avocado Salad is a super tasty, healthy quick meal that’s just perfect for a warm day. A quick weeknight meal that’s fresh, healthy and delicious!
How to make a healthy prawn and avocado salad
Mmmm this recipe is just a delicious burst of summer on a plate. Our Prawn & Avocado Salad is super quick to make. We use fresh salad greens and whip up a healthy salad dressing using natural yogurt instead of calorific mayonnaise.
Just toss some salad greens onto the plates – we buy the bags of ready washed salad for speed. Add on some sliced avocado and top with the citrus yogurt dressed prawns. I finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and good squeeze of lime juice and a handful of chopped coriander and that’s it!
Super simple and super tasty!
What sides to serve with prawn and avocado salad?
We love this Prawn & Avocado Salad served with…
- spicy rice (try the microwave sachets for speed – lemon & coriander is good with this salad)
- wholegrain bread
- pasta dressed with garlicky butter and chopped flat leaf parsley
- skin on fries – sprinkle them with black pepper and sea salt as they cook
- smoky potato wedges
- boiled new potatoes with butter and chives
Speedy seafood salad ideal for a busy weeknight.
- 200g cooked prawns - I use frozen quickly defrosted under cold running water.
- 2 tbs natural yogurt
- Lime - zest and juice
- Red chilli - finely chopped
- Handful of coriander - roughly chopped
- Bag of washed salad
- Avocado - sliced
- Mix up the dressing for the prawns - mix together the natural yogurt, lime zest, juice of half a lime, red chilli and coriander.
- Toss the prawns into the zingy dressing.
- Add a couple of handfuls of salad to each plate, top with sliced avocado and pile on the prawns.
Delicious served with steamed basmati rice or a chunk for buttered wholemeal bread.
Make prawn and avocado salad your way
- Switch the prawns for some cooked smoked salmon.
- Try flaked tinned tuna.
- Add in some more salad vegetables – radishes, peppers, cherry tomatoes and cucumber all work well.
- Stuff into a fresh crusty baguette.
- Go for a more indulgent dressing – try switching out the yogurt for delicious homemade soured cream
What drinks go with prawn salad
- Icy cold Chardonnay
- Icy cold Pinot Grigio
- Nice cold Estrella
More prawn recipes for you to try…
Hit subscribe below for daily food, home and lifestyle inspiration!