Our Prawn and Avocado Salad is a super tasty, healthy quick meal that’s just perfect for a warm day. A quick weeknight meal that’s fresh, healthy and delicious!
How to make a healthy prawn and avocado salad
Mmmm this recipe is just a delicious burst of summer on a plate. Our Prawn & Avocado Salad is super quick to make. We use fresh salad greens and whip up a healthy salad dressing using natural yogurt instead of calorific mayonnaise.
Just toss some salad greens onto the plates – we buy the bags of ready washed salad for speed. Add on some sliced avocado and top with the citrus yogurt dressed prawns. I finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and good squeeze of lime juice and a handful of chopped coriander and that’s it!
Super simple and super tasty!
What sides to serve with prawn and avocado salad?
We love this Prawn & Avocado Salad served with…
- spicy rice (try the microwave sachets for speed – lemon & coriander is good with this salad)
- wholegrain bread
- pasta dressed with garlicky butter and chopped flat leaf parsley
- skin on fries – sprinkle them with black pepper and sea salt as they cook
- smoky potato wedges
- boiled new potatoes with butter and chives
Make prawn and avocado salad your way
- Switch the prawns for some cooked smoked salmon.
- Try flaked tinned tuna.
- Add in some more salad vegetables – radishes, peppers, cherry tomatoes and cucumber all work well.
- Stuff into a fresh crusty baguette.
- Go for a more indulgent dressing – try switching out the yogurt for delicious homemade soured cream
What drinks go with prawn salad
- Icy cold Chardonnay
- Icy cold Pinot Grigio
- Nice cold Estrella
More prawn recipes for you to try…
Hit subscribe below for daily food, home and lifestyle inspiration!
- 200g cooked prawns - I use frozen quickly defrosted under cold running water.
- 2 tbs natural yogurt
- Lime - zest and juice
- Red chilli - finely chopped
- Handful of coriander - roughly chopped
- Bag of washed salad
- Avocado - sliced
- Mix up the dressing for the prawns - mix together the natural yogurt, lime zest, juice of half a lime, red chilli and coriander.
- Toss the prawns into the zingy dressing.
- Add a couple of handfuls of salad to each plate, top with sliced avocado and pile on the prawns.
Delicious served with steamed basmati rice or a chunk for buttered wholemeal bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 262mgSodium: 2054mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 22gSugar: 20gProtein: 48g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
If you love prawns – we’ve loads more delicious prawn recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here