A bowl of perfect potato wedges needs to be a dish busy parents can throw together. Adding a side of these wedges makes everything better.
Served alongside burgers, fish, chicken, salad or even with a chilli con carne or casserole. Kids just love to pick and dip chunky wedges. I like to make wedges using Desiree potatoes which give a lovely colour when cooked and are packed with vitamin c!
Making the wedges is very little effort – whack the oven on to 200C – just give the potatoes a wash and remove any dirt from the skin then cut in half length ways, then into chunky wedges. Throw the potatoes into a roasting tin drizzle over a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper.
Put them into the oven even though the cooking temperature isn’t yet reached – you want them to go in whilst oven still quite cool, they just cook better. Roast for around 30 minutes until crisp.
The wedges will come out crisp, smoky and tasting awesome!
Awesome potato wedges.
- 1-2 potatoes per person
- 2 -3 tsp smoked paprika
- olive oil
- Switch the oven on to 200C
- Quickly scrub and slice the potatoes into wedges, drizzle with around 1-2tbs of olive oil and toss, 2-3 tsp smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands toss everything together in a roasting tin.
- Put the tin into the oven (even though it's still not reached the 200C - the potatoes need to go in whilst it's still quite cool)
- Roast for around 30 minutes until they're crisp and cooked through.
Make it your way…
- want more spice – add a large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- want them plain – skip the smoked paprika and just add the salt & pepper
- want them garlicky – use garlic infused olive oil
- want less ‘carb’ use sweet potatoes instead of regular
- make a meal of it and crack a couple of eggs amongst the potatoes to bake in the oven.