Our puff pastry pesto bites are really quick and easy to make, taste delicious and are perfect little party appetisers.
You can use whichever pesto you like or make mixed batches, whatever suits you.
Delicious Italian style party food
- sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 8 tsp pesto
- 150g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tbs pine nuts
- couple of handfuls of rocket leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet.
- Cut it into 8 rectangles - and indent the pastry with a knife leaving a 1cm border.
- Spread a tsp of pesto onto the pastry bites.
- Top with a pinch of grated mozzarella
- Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven scatter over some pine nuts and a few rocket leaves.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Make puff pastry pesto bites your way
- Switch the pesto for different flavours – sun dried tomato pesto works well.
- Switch the pine nuts for crumbled walnuts.
- Switch the mozzarella for other types of cheese.
How to serve puff pastry pesto bites
- Perfect as part of a Christmas party food.
- Serve as an easy lunch with salad or pasta.