Super easy puff pastry pizza recipe that’s quick and easy enough for weeknight dinner – just top with your favourite pizza toppings, bake and eat!
Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe
Puff pizza tarts are just the most brilliant recipe for busy parents, you can have these prepped, cooked and on the table in just minutes. They’re great for kids tea time, just serve with baked beans and sweetcorn or a great big salad and some coleslaw.
It’s a recipe so easy the kids can help out with making them and you don’t have to stick to the toppings we’ve used, feel free to just add on whatever your family likes.
Puff pizza tarts are great packed into lunch boxes or for picnics and parties – just be sure to cool before you wrap so they don’t go soggy.
Quick and easy kids tea time treat
- 320g puff pastry sheet
- 8 tsp sun dried tomato paste or tomato puree
- 4 slices of ham - snipped into small pieces
- handful of black olives
- 150g cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat the oven to 190C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into eight and place onto the baking sheet. Make an indent around 1.5cm from the edge of the pastry all away around - this will make sure the filling stays in the middle and the edges puff.
- Spread the centre of the tarts with tomato paste, top with ham, cheese and olives and sprinkle each tart with a pinch of oregano.
- Brush the edges of the tart with beaten egg and then bake in the oven for around 10-12 minutes until the toppings are cooked and the edges golden and puffed up.
Puff Pastry Pizza Ideas
Don’t just stick with our puff pastry pizza recipe – mix things up, top with your favourite ingredients or let the kids just build their own pizza! Some puff pastry pizza ideas to try…
- Tomato, ham and pineapple.
- Tomato, pepperoni and mushrooms
- Pesto, tuna and olives
- BBQ sauce, smoky sausage and peppers.
- Apricot jam, goats cheese and pine nuts.
Puff Pastry Pizza Vegetarian
Make your puff pastry pizzas vegetarian – try toppings like
- Tomato and cheese
- Tomato with pesto, pine nuts and cheese
- Tomato sauce with mushrooms, peppers and sweetcorn
- Pesto with rocket, courgette, olives and cheese
What to serve with puff pastry pizza
Add a few side dishes alongside your puff pastry pizzas for a tasty, filling family dinner – try….
- Corn cobs
- Fresh salad
- Homemade coleslaw