Super easy puff pastry pizza recipe that’s quick and easy enough for weeknight dinner – just top with your favourite pizza toppings, bake and eat!
Puff pastry pizzas are just the most brilliant recipe for busy parents, you can have these prepped, cooked and on the table in just minutes.
They’re great for kids tea time, just serve with baked beans and sweetcorn or a great big salad and some freshly made coleslaw.
Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe
Our puff pastry pizza recipe is so easy the kids can help out with making them and you don’t have to stick to the toppings we’ve used, feel free to just add on whatever your family likes.
Puff pastry pizza is great packed into lunch boxes or for picnics and parties, just be sure to cool them completely before you wrap them so they don’t go soggy.
Puff Pastry Pizza Ingredients
- 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 3 tbs sun dried tomato pesto or tomato puree
- 4 slices of ham – snipped into small pieces
- 20 olives – sliced
- 150g Cheddar cheese – grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg – beaten
How to make puff pastry pizza
Firstly preheat the oven to 180C (or whatever cooking temperature is recommended on the puff pastry packet)
- Grate the Cheddar cheese – we usually use mature Cheddar for this recipe for extra punchy flavour.
- Cut the ham into bitesized pieces – it’s quicker to do this if you use kitchen scissors.
- Slice the olives (or buy ready sliced)
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and using a sharp knife cut into eight equal pieces.
- Peel the pastry pieces from the paper backing.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and lay the pastry rectangles onto the baking tray, leaving space for them to puff up as they bake. I usually bake them in two sets of four.
- Spread the puff pastry rectangles with sun dried tomato pesto – be sure to leave a small space all around the edge of the puff pastry pizza
- Add some chopped ham to the puff pastry pizzas
- Add a few sliced olives to the puff pastry pizzas
- Add on a sprinkling of grated cheese onto the puff pastry pizzas and a scattering of dried oregano for that ‘pizza’ flavour.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry pizzas with beaten egg and then bake in the oven for around 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is puffed up and golden brown and the cheese all melted and bubbling.
- Once the puff pastry pizzas are cooked, remove them carefully from the tray – using a fish slice and leave them to cool down slightly on a wire rack.
- Whilst they cool you could throw together a simple salad to serve alongside.
Puff Pastry Pizza Topping Ideas
Don’t just stick with our puff pastry pizza recipe – mix things up, top with your favourite ingredients or let the kids just build their own pizza!
Some puff pastry pizza ideas to try…
- Tomato, ham and pineapple.
- Tomato, pepperoni and mushrooms
- Pesto, tuna and olives
- BBQ sauce, smoky sausage and peppers.
- Apricot jam, goats cheese and pine nuts.
Vegetarian Pizza Topping Ideas
Make your puff pastry pizzas vegetarian – try toppings like
- Tomato and cheese
- Tomato with pesto, pine nuts and cheese
- Tomato sauce with mushrooms, peppers and sweetcorn
- Pesto with rocket, courgette, olives and cheese
What to serve with puff pastry pizza
Add a few side dishes alongside your puff pastry pizzas for a tasty, filling family dinner – try….
- Corn cobs
- Fresh salad
- Homemade coleslaw
More easy kids dinner recipes to try
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Wraps – tender chicken breast strips cooked in sweet chilli sauce served in soft flour wraps with fresh salad. Total kids FAVE this one!
- Tuna Bolognese – lighten up pasta bolognese with this quick and easy tuna version – this store cupboard dinner recipe is always a hit with the kids.
- Potato Wedge Melt – potato wedges tumbled together with tuna, chargrilled peppers and sweetcorn with melted cheese – quick, easy and delicious!
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 3 tbs sun dried tomato pesto
- 4 slices ham
- 16 green olives
- 150g Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into eight pieces and place onto a baking tray.
- Spread the centre of the puff pastry piece with sun dried tomato pesto - leave a gap around the outside.
- Top the puff pastry pizzas with ham, olives, grated cheese and a sprinkling of dried oregano
- Brush the edge of the puff pastry pizza with beaten egg and then bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden and the cheese melted and bubbling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Love to eat Italian food? Try out more of our easy Italian recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Get more picnic ideas here
Browse our delicious recipes for pizza at home here
Get more quick and easy meals here