Pumpkin pasta is deliciously simple to make and tastes, sweet, garlicky and totally yummy.
You can make the pumpkin pasta using pumpkin flesh or squash, or even sweet potatoes. They’ll all taste just as good.
Simply peel and chop the pumpkin into bitesized pieces, the small pieces mean they will roast so much quicker and you’ll be able to get this dinner on the table in just 20 minutes. Add an onion or two, sliced into wedges and some whole garlic cloves.
Toss the whole lot in a little olive or rapeseed oil, add a sprinkling of salt and a grinding of black pepper and roast for around 20 minutes until just tender and browning. Squeeze the garlic from it’s skin and stir into the roast vegetables. All that’s left is to tip in the cooked pasta and give it all a good mix.
Serve with parmesan shavings and a scattering of finely chopped rosemary. It’s also super yummy sprinkled with smoked cheese if you can get it.
Quick autumn dinner.
- Small pumpkin, butternut squash or couple of sweet potatoes - peeled and chopped into bitesized pieces.
- 1 - 2 onions cut into thin wedges.
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- To serve
- Freshly cooked pasta
- Parmesan or smoked cheese shavings
- Finely chopped rosemary or sage
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Tip the pumpkin, onions and garlic into a roasting tin and toss it all together with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkling of sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for around 20 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the skins and stir through the roast vegetables.
- Tip in the freshly cooked pasta and mix together.
- Serve with a scattering of cheese and finely chopped rosemary or sage.
Make pumpkin pasta your way
- Use any kind of squash or even sweet potatoes in place of the pumpkin.
- Go spicy with a scattering of freshly chopped red chilli.
- Use garlic infused olive oil in place of garlic cloves.
How to serve pumpkin pasta
- Great for an easy midweek dinner.
- Add a side of steamed broccoli or green beans dressed in lemon-y vinaigrette
PS – you might also just LOVE our roast squash and feta couscous