I love a nice quick spicy dinner, one that’s ready in under 30 minutes and packed with flavour. Our sweet chilli chicken rice bowl had delicious spicy chicken, cheats coconut rice and a zesty spiced up raw vegetable salad on the side.
To make the sweet chilli chicken rice bowl you’ll need to throw your chicken into a wok and stir fry with a good dollop of Thai sweet chilli sauce. As it cooks make the salad, slice up peppers, spring onions and carrots, you could add cucumber in here too. Mix up a little Thai style salad dressing and toss the vegetables in the dressing.
I always use Tilda microwave rice – coconut, chilli and lemongrass to go alongside this dish, just 2 minutes in the microwave and it’s fluffy and gorgeous.
Put together your sweet chilli chicken rice bowl by adding the rice and chicken and topping with the vegetable salad dressed with Thai style salad dressing. Just yum!
Quick and easy spicy chicken dish that's totally yum!
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2-3 tbs Thai sweet chilli sauce
- splash of oil for cooking
- for the salad
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 2 carrots - cut into matchsticks
- 4 spring onions - sliced
- handful of chopped coriander
- for the salad dressing
- 1 inch sized piece of ginger - peeled and finely grated
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Add a splash of oil to a wok style pan and stir fry the chicken with the sweet chilli sauce for around 10-15 minutes until it's cooked through.
- As the chicken cooks prepare the salad - toss the vegetables together in a large bowl and mix up the salad dressing, pour over the salad and toss well.
- Serve the sweet chilli chicken and salad in a bowl with a side of fluffy rice.
Make it your way…
- Try strips of beef or prawns instead of chicken.
- Go veggie and use tofu.