You’re going to love these quick and easy banoffee ice-cream puddings. They’re the best way to use up those over ripe bananas that lurk in the fruit bowl. Think of them as a cheat-y cheesecake type ‘thing’.
This is a recipe the kids will love to help out with, it’s easy to prepare, cook and totally delicious to eat.
A quick and yummy little pudding the kids will love.
- 8 digestive biscuits
- large knob of butter
- 4 ripe bananas - sliced
- 2 big squirts of maple syrup
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Bash the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin to break them into crumbs (do this in a large bowl or sealed bag to stop mess going everywhere)
- Divide the crumbs between 4 small dishes or teacups and press them down.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and tip in the bananas, squirt over the maple syrup and let them sizzle and bubble.
- Pour the bubbling banana mixture over the biscuit crumbs and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and eat straight away.
Make it quick banoffee puddings your way
- Use ginger biscuits instead of digestives.
- Top with squirty cream or Greek yogurt instead of ice-cream.
How to serve quick banoffee pudding
- Fab after-tea pudding for the kids.