Super quick BBQ pasta pot that the kids go mad for! This BBQ pasta pot literally takes minutes to throw together and can be eaten hot or left to cool and packed in lunch boxes. It’s easy, yummy and counts towards the kids five-a-day.
Whilst you simmer a pan of pasta quickly slice up some cooked smoked sausage, some red pepper strips and zap some peas and corn in the microwave. Drain the pasta, add the sausage and vegetables, add a big (or little) squirt of BBQ sauce, mix and eat. It’s so easy.
Super quick dinner recipe the kids just love
- 70g dried pasta shapes
- 50g frozen peas and sweetcorn
- 1/2 red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 50g cooked smoked sausage
- Squirt of BBQ sauce
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, zap the peas and sweetcorn in the microwave as per packet instructions.
- Drain the cooked pasta, add the sausages, peas, corn, red pepper strips and squirt of BBQ sauce, mix together and serve.
Make BBQ pasta pot your way
- Use chopped ham or turkey instead of sausage.
- Switch up the veggies, go for mushrooms, courgette or baby plum tomatoes
- Go veggie and swap the meat for cubed feta or grated mature cheddar.
Love your leftovers…
- Any leftovers fab packed in lunch boxes as pasta salad next day.