Our chicken and spinach pasta makes a quick and easy healthy family dinner. Great for packing in the veggies, it’s low fat, easy and did I mention quick?? Perfect for busy weeknights.
Healthy family dinner
- 300g dried fusilli pasta
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped (or a tsp of lazy garlic)
- 500g chicken breast - cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 1 green pepper - sliced
- 300g cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 blocks of frozen chopped spinach (be sure to choose chopped, otherwise it's stringy)
- 150g tub of tomato and basil stir in sauce (I use the Dolmio one)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking add a drizzle of olive oil to a large frying pan and add the chicken and brown over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Tip in the garlic, peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach cubes and oregano, season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for around 15 minutes, stir regularly.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it and return to the pan, stir in the tub of sauce.
- Check the chicken is cooked through and when it is add the pasta to the pan and stir gently to mix everything together.
Make chicken and spinach pasta your way
- Add in any other veggies you fancy, courgettes and mushrooms work well.
- Try different types of pasta.
- Use pesto instead of stir in sauce.
How to serve chicken and spinach pasta
- Delicious with a big green salad, lightly tossed with balsamic dressing.
- Good cold packed into lunch boxes.