Our chicken and spinach pasta makes a quick and easy healthy family dinner. Great for packing in the veggies, it’s low fat, easy and did I mention quick?? Perfect for busy weeknights.
Healthy family dinner
- 300g dried fusilli pasta
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped (or a tsp of lazy garlic)
- 500g chicken breast - cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 1 green pepper - sliced
- 300g cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 blocks of frozen chopped spinach (be sure to choose chopped, otherwise it's stringy)
- 150g tub of tomato and basil stir in sauce (I use the Dolmio one)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking add a drizzle of olive oil to a large frying pan and add the chicken and brown over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Tip in the garlic, peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach cubes and oregano, season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for around 15 minutes, stir regularly.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it and return to the pan, stir in the tub of sauce.
- Check the chicken is cooked through and when it is add the pasta to the pan and stir gently to mix everything together.
Make chicken and spinach pasta your way
- Switch the chicken breast for chicken mini fillets if you prefer
- Add in any other veggies you fancy, courgettes and mushrooms work well.
- Try different types of pasta.
- Use pesto instead of stir in sauce.
How to serve chicken and spinach pasta
- Delicious with a big green salad, lightly tossed with balsamic dressing.
- Good cold packed into lunch boxes.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
Get more quick and easy meals here