A super tasty quick chicken curry recipe that the whole family will just love. Easy midweek dinner – sorted!
How to make quick chicken curry
Our delicious quick chicken curry recipe is just so simple to make and because the chillies are sprinkled over at the end it’s mild enough for the kids to enjoy too.
We cheat with the chicken and buy frozen crispy chicken strips – just baked in the oven and sliced diagonally. It definitely suits us to cheat with the chicken strips and it just tastes so good! Proper comfort food!
And that delicious creamy curry sauce is made using the recipe from Eat Well For Less, it only takes around 30 minutes to make from start to finish making this a great dinner idea for busy weeknights.
I usually make the curry sauce ahead of time then all that’s left for me to do for dinner is cook the chicken and rice and warm up the sauce.
Quick Chicken Curry Recipe
Quick Chicken Curry
- 1 Eat Well For Less Cheat's Katsu Curry Sauce (link for curry sauce below)
- 400g Bag Frozen Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1 Mug Rice
- 1 Handful Coriander roughly chopped
- 1 Red Chilli finely sliced
- 4 Spring Onions finely sliced
- Cook the Cheat's Katsu Curry Sauce as per the Eat Well for Less website and leave simmering whilst you cook the chicken and rice
- Cook the chicken strips as per the packet instructions – once cooked slice diagonally
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions – or cheat even more and use 2 sachets of microwave rice
- Chop up the spring onions, slice the red chillies and chop coriander
- To serve – divide the rice between the bowls, top with the sliced crispy chicken and pour over the curry sauce. Garnish with spring onions, sliced chillies and coriander and eat straight away.
What to serve with chicken curry
You can turn this simple chicken curry into a total feast – just add a few side dishes – any of these work well!
- Prawn crackers with sweet chilli dip
- Zingy fresh salad with a squeeze of lime
- Popadoms with mango chutney and mint raita