Our quick chilli and lime beef stir fry is fab for busy weeknights when you want dinner to be ready fast and don’t really want to have to do much preparation, cooking or washing up!
It’s a spicy, flavoursome dish of yum! No other words for it, totally moreish and we love just how easy it is to make.
Loads more delicious, easy beef recipes right here.
Flavoursome and fast stir fry
- Drizzle of olive or sesame oil for frying
- 200g Beef stir fry strips
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pepper (or half red, half a yellow)
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped (or a tsp of lazy garlic)
- 1 red chilli finely sliced (or a tsp of lazy chilli)
- 2 handfuls of chopped spinach
- 2 handfuls of beansprouts
- juice of a lime
- 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- Handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped.
- Add a splash of oil to a large wok style pan.
- Tip in the garlic, chilli and beef strips an stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the five-spice powder.
- Throw in the peppers and beansprouts and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour over the lime juice and fish sauce and add the spinach. Stir fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- When the beef is cooked through and vegetables all hot - it's done.
- Serve with rice and a sprinkling of chopped coriander.
Make chilli and lime beef stir fry your own way
- Switch the beef for chicken or tofu.
- Add in more veggies.
- Serve with egg noodles instead of rice.
How to serve chilli and lime beef stir fry
- Delicious with a sachet of microwave rice for a quick midweek dinner.
Get more easy Chinese food recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here