Looking for a super quick and easy chilli con carne recipe? Our quick chilli takes just 30 minutes from start to finish making it perfect for weeknight dinner. Tasty, flavourful and just a super simple family meal.
How to make quick chilli con carne
Our quick chilli con carne is just super easy. It’s one of those quick and easy family meals everyone loves and it it pretty much looks after itself once you’ve thrown everything into the pan.
Chilli con carne is also a great recipe for using up any odds and ends of veggies you have lying about in the fridge – just chop them up and throw them in.
Tasty, flavourful and just a super simple family meal.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- 400g lean mince beef
- 1 tin BBQ baked beans
- 1 tsp lazy chillies
- 1 tsp cumin
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large pan over a medium heat.
- Toss in the garlic, peppers, onions and mince and gently stir for 5 minutes to brown all the mince.
- Once browned tip in the baked beans, lazy chilli and cumin and stir well to combine everything together.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the mince beef is cooked through.
What extra vegetables can I put in chilli con carne?
You can add in any of the following veggies to bulk up your chilli con carne…
- More diced peppers
- Diced courgettes
- Grated carrots or beetroot
- Add in an extra can of baked beans or try kidney beans or black beans
- Throw in a tinned tomatoes
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Add in a can of sweetcorn
How to make chilli con carne feed more people
If you need your chilli to feed a crowd but don’t want to spend too much extra money – try…
- Bulking up with the extra veggies listed above
- Make more side dishes – rice, wedges, wraps, cheesy nachos all work well.
Can I make chilli con carne with turkey mince?
You totally can make your chilli con carne with turkey mince – but, remember it’s not a flavoursome so you’ll probably need to add in extra seasoning and spices.
What side dishes go with chilli con carne?
- Add a side salad and a quick freshly made guacamole.
- Serve alongside nachos, wedges or boiled rice.
- Load into baked potatoes and top with soured cream and cheese.
- Load into soft flour wraps with grated cheese, soured cream and salad.
More quick family dinner recipes for you to try
- Spaghetti Margarita – 15 minute recipe
- Moroccan Chicken Wraps – 30 minute recipe
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Wraps and Spicy Fries – 30 minute recipe