We just love this quick kickin chicken recipe, super simple to make and totally delicious to eat. Great for weeknight cooking when you want food to be fast and yum!
Quick and easy spicy chicken
- 4 chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 heaped tbs tomato puree
- 2 heaped tsp peri peri seasoning
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 200C and lightly grease a baking tray/roasting tin with olive oil.
- Grab yourself a large freezer bag - tip in all the ingredients, zip it closed then jiggle all the ingredients together and squish to bag to coat all the chicken.
- Tip the contents of the bag into the roasting tin and shake the tin so that none of the chicken is overlapping.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink remaining in the chicken when you cut into it.
Make kickin chicken your way
- Switch the peri peri seasoning for cajun style seasoning
- Go for an Indian flavour and add curry powder and a pinch of cumin.
How to serve kickin chicken
- Turn our kickin chicken into a meal for all the family – just add a side of carbs, we like sweet potato mash, spicy fries with dip or easy veggie packed rice.
- Don’t forget to add some veggies on the side, try our traffic light salad or purple healthy homemade slaw.