Quick, easy and super tasty. This delicious lunch of puy lentils tossed with rocket and topped with griddled halloumi and folds of prosciutto makes an easy and filling lunch.
I cooked the puy lentils from dried but if you want things even quicker then I highly recommend the Merchant Gourmet sachets of Puy Lentils that you can ping in the microwave for 2 minutes.
This feels like a lovely spring lunch, nice and light yet still at touch of warmth from the lentils. It really can be ready in a matter of minutes, just boil the lentils, griddle the slices of halloumi and pile on the little folds of prosciutto. You could serve with some crusty bread and a glass of red wine as a quick and easy evening meal.
A quick and easy light lunch or midweek dinner.
- 1/2 cup dried puy lentils (or a sachet of microwave puy lentils)
- 2 large handfuls of rocket leaves
- 8 slices of halloumi
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- olive oil
- Cook the Puy lentils - give the lentils a quick rinse and then add them to a saucepan with 3 times as much water as lentils. Season with salt. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Drain the lentils and return to the pan to just keep warm whilst you griddle the halloumi.
- Heat the griddle pan over a hight heat, quickly sear each piece of cheese on both sides.
- Mix the rocket into the lentils then plate up.
- Top the rocket and lentils with the griddled cheese and folds of prosciutto.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
If you're using microwave lentils then the meal will be ready in less than 10 minutes. Fab for busy days!
Make it your way:
- Want it vegetarian – skip the prosciutto
- Don’t fancy meat – add some grilled salmon
- Don’t like rocket – try baby spinach leaves
- Not keen on halloumi – try parmesan shavings or feta