Our easy Moroccan lamb mince is utterly delicious and so quick and simple to throw together making it great for busy weeknight dinner. We use just a handful of cheat ingredients for big flavour and minimum effort and to get this on the table fast!
- Splash olive oil
- 1 red onion - finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (use the best quality you can as the flavour will be better)
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning mix
- Handful of flaked almonds
- Handful of juicy plump raisins
- Bunch of coriander - roughly chopped
- Seasalt and ground black pepper
- 2 sachets of microwave rice - choose a flavour you like or go for the mixed rice/grain/pulses varieties
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan - tip in the onions and garlic and gently sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb mince and brown.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and Moroccan seasoning, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring the pan to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid off (stirring often) for around 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the flaked almonds in a dry frying pan over a low heat until just browning then set aside.
- Once the lamb is cooked through turn off the heat and set aside whilst you cook the rice (as per the packet instructions)
- To serve - tip half a packet of rice into each bowl - top with the Moroccan lamb sauce then scatter over the flaked almonds, raisins and chopped coriander.
Make Moroccan Lamb your way…
- Switch the Moroccan seasoning for Indian spices.
- Add in some fresh chopped chilli for a burst of heat.
- Go vegetarian and use Quorn mince instead.
How to serve Moroccan Lamb
- Serve with rice and a scattering of nuts and herbs.
- Serve with couscous.
- Serve in toasted pitta breads with hummus and salad.
You might also just LOVE our smoky chicken & vegetable quinoa