Quinoa stuffed peppers area a really quick and easy vegetarian meal idea – serve as a light dinner with salad and crusty bread.
This is one of my favourite stuffed peppers recipes. It’s a tasty and super easy vegetarian meal idea or sometimes I serve it as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or salmon.
Our quinoa stuffed peppers are so easy to make. We cheat with the quinoa and use the little microwave sachets you can pick up really quite cheaply in the supermarkets.
Opt for a flavoured quinoa – I tend to choose a Mediterranean flavoured quinoa sachets from Mothergrain.
Microwave quinoa sachets are just a really quick way of packing flavour into the meal with zero effort, so you can concentrate on all the other things you’re busy doing!
Quinoa Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- 2 bell peppers – sliced into halves with seeds removed – you can use red, green or yellow bell peppers – just choose your favourite.
- 1 tbs olive oil – switch this for rapeseed oil if you prefer
- 250g sachet of microwave quinoa
- 80g feta cheese – quickly chopped into cubes
- flat leaf parsley – just a small bunch – roughly chopped
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
How to make quinoa stuffed peppers
- Preheat the oven – to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
- Cook the peppers – Place the pepper halves into a roasting tin add a small drizzle of olive oil, roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa – When the peppers have roasted for 15 minutes, microwave the quinoa sachet as per the packet instructions then tip the quinoa contents into a bowl and mix in the cubed feta and half the chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Stuff the peppers – Remove the peppers from the oven, stuff with the quinoa and feta, return to the oven for 4-5 minutes for the feta to melt – sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and serve with a side salad.
Get more quick and easy meals here
Make quinoa stuffed peppers your way
- Add in some more ingredients – try adding ingredients like chopped ham, fresh chillies, sun dried tomatoes, olives, chopped fresh herbs – just add the quinoa before stuffing the peppers.
- Melt cheese on top – top the stuffed peppers with grated cheddar or flavoured burger melts before returning to the oven to melt.
- Use different grains – switch the quinoa for microwave spelt, microwave lentils or rice.
- Make gluten free stuffed peppers – quinoa is naturally gluten free – so just be sure when choosing the microwave quinoa that you check the other ingredients are gluten free too so you can keep the whole meal fast and gluten free.
- Make vegan stuffed peppers – swap the feta cheese for a vegan friendly cheese alternative.
Quick and easy vegetarian meals
Quick and easy vegetarian meals that are great for weeknight cooking.
- Aubergine Stew – a quick and easy vegan stew that can be ready in 30 minutes, delicious served with a warmed naan bread.
- Chickpea Curry – a simple, flavoursome vegan curry recipe, delicious family meal just serve with rice and naan breads.
- Baked Bean Fajitas – turn a tin of baked beans into quick and easy vegetarian fajitas – for a low cost family meal.
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here
- 2 bell peppers - halved and deseeded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g sachet of microwave quinoa
- 80g feta cheese - cubed
- flat leaf parsley - small bunch roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
- Place the pepper halves into a roasting tin add a small drizzle of olive oil, roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the peppers have roasted for 15 minutes, microwave the quinoa sachet as per the packet instructions then tip the quinoa contents into a bowl and mix in the cubed feta and half the chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, stuff with the quinoa and feta, return to the oven for 4-5 minutes for the feta to melt – sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and serve with a side salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious, easy quinoa stuffed peppers to Pinterest for later!