Quick quinoa and feta stuffed peppers make a tasty vegetarian midweek dinner or a summery vegetable side dish to go alongside grilled chicken or lamb kebabs.
The stuffed peppers are super quick to make as we use microwave sachets of quinoa to get dinner ready quicker. Be sure to choose quinoa sachets with added flavours and ingredients, we quite like the Mediterranean style quinoa sachets.
A quick and tasty vegetarian dinner.
- 2 peppers - sliced into halves with seeds removed
- drizzle of olive oil
- 250g sachet of microwave quinoa
- 100g feta cheese - cubed
- small bunch of fat leaf parsley
- salad to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the peppers into a roasting tin add a small drizzle of olive oil, roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the peppers are a minute off the 15 minutes, microwave the quinoa sachet, tip the contents into a bowl and mix in the cubed feta.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, stuff with the quinoa and feta, return to the oven for 4-5 minutes for the feta to melt.
- Serve with a side salad.
Make quinoa stuffed peppers your way
- Add in some more ingredients like chopped ham, fresh chillies, sun dried tomatoes, olives, chopped fresh herbs.
- Top with grated cheddar or flavoured burger melts before returning to the oven to melt.
- Switch the quinoa for microwave spelt or rice.
How to serve quinoa stuffed peppers
- Serve alongside a quick salad for an easy midweek dinner.
- Serve with grilled lamb or chicken kebabs as a side dish.