Give junky snacks the swerve with this deliciously healthy vegan snack bowl loaded with wholesome tasty homemade hummus and fresh veggies – snack healthy!
A wholesome, quick vegan snack bowl – this is a little healthy bowlful of goodness whether you’re vegan or not.
And perfect for making up and keeping in the fridge ready for snacking on or put into little pots and take out with you for healthy snacks on the go.
I usually use the Sistema snack and go pots for taking snacks out and about because they don’t leak!
This is one of my favourite healthy lunch recipes too – alongside some toasted pitta breads stuffed with salads.
Vegan snack bowl ingredients
- 2 tbs of hummus – you can make homemade hummus or use shop bought – whichever suits you. Grab our delicious homemade flavoured hummus recipes below.
- 1 tsp toasted pine nuts – you can swap this for any nuts or seeds you like, or skip them and just keep the hummus plain.
- 1 carrot – peeled (or scrubbed) and cut into batons
- 1/4 cucumber – cut into batons
- 1 tsp olive oil – you can swap this for rapeseed or sesame oil, whichever you prefer or skip it if you want to lower the fat content.
Get more family food ideas here
How to make a vegan snack bowl
- Get a small frying pan and gently toast the nuts over a low heat – toast them dry, don’t add any oil or fat to the pan.
- Grab a small dish – spoon your hummus in and pile in your chopped vegetable batons.
- Scatter the toasted pine nuts over the hummus and add a small drizzle of olive oil.
Get more easy recipes here
Homemade Hummus Recipes
If you fancy having a go at making your own homemade hummus then try out one of our delicious recipes below. They’re all naturally vegan (and super tasty).
My total favourite is the beetroot hummus because it tastes so sweet and IT’S PINK! What’s not to love?
Making hummus is so easy!
Make a Vegan Snack Bowl your way
Our vegan snack bowl is one of our super easy vegan recipes and so easy to make it your own by including your favourite snack options.
- Go for different flavoured hummus – try lemon and coriander, smoked paprika, cumin and roast carrot. And if you’re short on time or just don’t fancy making your own hummus then there’s lots of flavoured shop bought hummus to choose from
- Mix up your vegetable batons – try broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, celery or peppers – these all work really well dipped into hummus. And all count towards your five-a-day.
- You could also add a few breadsticks or crackers to your vegan snack bowl if you like.
Get more snack recipes here
More Easy Vegan Recipes
- Chickpea Curry – a quick and easy vegan curry recipe that’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
- Sweet Potato and Chilli Soup – a delicious, vibrant soup recipe that’s quick and easy to make and tastes AMAZING!
- Sweet Potato Chilli (ad feature recipe) – a delicious, easy vegan chilli recipe, spiced with chipotle paste. Perfect for a vegan family dinner.
Check out all our lunch box recipes here
Need some family meal ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get loads more healthy vegetarian recipes here
- 2 tbs hummus
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 1 carrot - peeled and chopped into batons
- 1/4 cucumber - chopped into batons
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over a low heat - it should only take a couple of minutes.
- Get a small dish and pile in your hummus, sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts.
- Add the chopped vegetable batons on the side.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the hummus.
- Tuck in.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious vegan recipe snack bowl to Pinterest for later!
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Get all our easy vegan recipes right here