A tasty, healthy vegetable packed rice dish that’s ideal for serving alongside grilled chicken or fish.
Totally loaded with colourful tasty vegetables, it’s a great way of getting in a portion or two of your five-a-day. And best of all it’s super easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
A quick and easy colourful rice dish.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 2 sweet red peppers diced
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions - this should take around 10 minutes.
- As the rice cooks add the olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Toss in all the veggies and fry until all the veg is cooked and hot.
- Sprinkle over the tsp of cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Drain the rice and tip into the veggies, stir gently to mix everything together.
Make Quick Veggie Rice your way
- Throw in whatever veggies you like – try diced courgette, aubergine, spring onions, spinach all work well.
- Add in some fresh chopped herbs – coriander, flat leaf parsley and chives are all good.
- Skip the cinnamon altogether or switch it for ground cumin, smoked paprika or even a little pinch of curry powder.
- Don’t fancy cooking rice? Cheat and pick up a couple of microwave rice sachets, pick any flavour you fancy.
How to serve Quick Veggie Rice
- Serve alongside grilled chicken or fish.
- Serve as a side dish as BBQs
- To serve as a main course dish add in some peanuts, tofu, chicken pieces or just top with poached eggs.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here