Quick healthy dinner recipe – I love to cook this quick meal and it’s literally ready to eat in just 1 minute! Does cooking get quicker than that?
This is the meal I make when I can’t be bothered to cook but don’t want to eat junk food or take out.
This healthy plate of food is ready in just 60 seconds making it brilliant for a busy weeknight or as a quick and easy work-at-home lunch idea.
Obviously it’s ready in just 1 minutes so there are cheats involved.
Quick Healthy Dinner Ingredients
- 1 sachet of Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils with Sun Dried Tomato & Basil
- 1 Bag mixed salad leaves
- 8 Sun dried tomatoes – from a jar
- 70g Feta cheese
How to make our 1 minute dinner
To throw together this super fast plate of food you’ll need a sachet of Merchant Gourmet Puy lentils.
My preference is the packs of lentils with sun dried tomatoes and basil.
In the time it takes for the lentils to cook in the microwave, open a bag of mixed salad leaves and add a handful to the plates.
Then toss over a few sun dried tomatoes from a jar.
Once the lentils are cooked divide them between the two plates and crumble over the feta cheese.
That’s it, all ready to eat. You could add some crusty bread and a glass of nice red wine if you wanted to.
Make our quick dinner your way
We’ve given you the basic 1 minute dinner recipe, but you can switch things up a little.
Or maybe spend a few more minutes cooking and turn this into your own delicious little plate of food.
- grilled halloumi slices instead of feta cheese
- through in some crispy bacon bits
- add in some more salad
- switch the lentils for microwave quinoa or other grain
- add in some simple tinned fish – try the marinated varieties of sardines or tuna
Get more cheesy recipes here
- 1 sachet of microwave lentils - we used Merchant Gourmet sun dried tomato and basil flavour
- 80g Mixed salad leaves
- 8 sun dried tomato pieces
- 70g feta cheese
- Cook the Puy lentils in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Whilst the lentils cook put a handful of salad leaves onto each plate and toss over a few sun dried tomatoes.
- Once the lentils are cooked tip them onto the plate and scatter over the crumbled feta cheese.
Serve with crusty bread
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 16g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
More quick lunch recipes to try
- Quick falafel lunch bowls – tasty little vegetarian salad bowls bursting with flavour.
- Apple and cheddar salad – quick and easy salad with fruit, cheese and nuts.
- Warm spelt salad with halloumi and beets – another super quick lunch that tastes oh so good!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here