Rainbow salad is absolutely packed with beautiful colours and flavours. Fresh, crunchy and super quick to make. Perfect for serving alongside summer meals.
To get a good mix of colour you need baby plum tomatoes, red or orange peppers, sweetcorn, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage and choose a salad leaf that has green and purple colours.
Rainbow salad is great served at a BBQ as it’s a nice chunky robust mix that goes well with BBQ sausages, kebabs and burgers. It’s also tasty packed into fajitas with grilled chicken and fresh guacamole.
Delicious bright and crunchy salad - great for serving at a BBQ
- Large lettuce
- Half red cabbage
- Punnet of baby plum tomatoes
- Red or orange pepper
- 1 large carrot
- Half a cucumber
- 300g tin of sweetcorn
- Shred the lettuce and red cabbage
- Grate the carrot
- Chop the rest of the salad vegetables into bitesize pieces
- Mix everything together in a large salad bowl
Make it your way…
- Add in or miss out any bits you like or don’t like
- Turn it into a main course salad by tossing in grilled chicken, salmon or halloumi
- Spice things up with a handful of coriander and a small sliced chilli
- We love this alongside our bean burgers or served as a BBQ side dish.