A delicious fresh and crunchy salad recipe using ingredients from my #OrganicUnboxed food parcel.
Vibrant, earthy organic beetroot salad with a zingy, peppery salad dressing made using Rachel’s Organic Greek yogurt and fresh lemons. Quick and easy to throw together and a lovely side dish for pasta or grilled chicken.
Sweet, earthy salad and a delicious zingy dressing
- 2 organic beetroot - peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 120g organic baby salad leaves
- 2 heaped tbs organic Greek Yogurt
- zest and juice of a organic lemon
- ground black pepper to taste
- Spread the salad leaves over a serving plate.
- Scatter over the raw beetroot matchsticks.
- Mix up the salad dressing by adding the lemon zest and black pepper to the Greek yogurt and stirring well - squeeze in the juice of half the lemon and mix to a smooth drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the creamy lemon salad dressing over the salad and serve.
Make raw beet salad your way
- turn it into a raw beet slaw by skipping the salad leaves and adding shredded carrot and cabbage then tossing the dressing through the slaw.
- make a lime and coriander yogurt dressing instead of lemon and pepper.
- Scatter over a tin of chick peas and a handful of crumbled feta to turn into a main course salad
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post promoting Organic UK #OrganicUnboxed campaign. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.