A delicious fresh and crunchy salad recipe using ingredients from my #OrganicUnboxed food parcel.
Vibrant, earthy organic beetroot salad with a zingy, peppery salad dressing made using Rachel’s Organic Greek yogurt and fresh lemons. Quick and easy to throw together and a lovely side dish for pasta or grilled chicken.
Sweet, earthy salad and a delicious zingy dressing
- 2 organic beetroot - peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 120g organic baby salad leaves
- 2 heaped tbs organic Greek Yogurt
- zest and juice of a organic lemon
- ground black pepper to taste
- Spread the salad leaves over a serving plate.
- Scatter over the raw beetroot matchsticks.
- Mix up the salad dressing by adding the lemon zest and black pepper to the Greek yogurt and stirring well - squeeze in the juice of half the lemon and mix to a smooth drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the creamy lemon salad dressing over the salad and serve.
Make raw beet salad your way
- turn it into a raw beet slaw by skipping the salad leaves and adding shredded carrot and cabbage then tossing the dressing through the slaw.
- make a lime and coriander yogurt dressing instead of lemon and pepper.
- Scatter over a tin of chick peas and a handful of crumbled feta to turn into a main course salad
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post promoting Organic UK #OrganicUnboxed campaign. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.
For full details of my disclosure policy please read here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more delicious gluten free recipes UK style here