I just love this recipe. Yes, it’s a cheat version of Spanish rice and yes, it uses shortcuts but it tastes good and it’s ready quick and when you’re feeding a family that’s what counts. It’s really easy to prepare, really easy to cook and is on the table in less than 30 minutes, a total winner of a dinner.
Delicious, easy and packed with lovely flavours.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped.
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped.
- 1 yellow pepper roughly chopped.
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 350g baby plum tomatoes
- 200g diced chicken breast
- 200g cooked king prawns
- 50g chorizo - snipped into strips using scissors
- 2 packs of Tilda microwave rice - the sun dried tomato flavour
- small handful of flat leaf parsley
- splash of olive oil
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large wok style pan and throw in the onions and peppers, stir fry briskly for 5 minutes, then add the baby plum tomatoes and 2 tsp of smoked paprika and cook for 3-4 minutes until softening.
- Tip the veggies onto a plate and put on one side. Then add a little more oil to the pan and tip in the chicken, stir fry it for around 10 minutes, until chicken cooked through, then add the chorizo and prawns and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Put the veggies back into the pan and stir well to combine everything.
- Microwave the rice and then tip it into the pan and mix everything together.
- Serve in dishes and scatter with chopped flat leaf parsley.
Make Easy Spanish Rice your way
- You can make this recipe with chicken mini fillets if you prefer
- Use turkey instead of chicken.
- Skip the prawns and add more vegetables instead.
- Add some spice with a scattering of chopped fresh chillies.
How to serve Easy Spanish Rice
- Perfect for when you want real food but fast.
- Fab for weeknights or lazy Saturday night dinner
- Serve with garlic baguette and a green salad.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Love your food with Spanish flare? Try our easy Spanish dishes here.