Use up your leftover roast beef in this tasty, quick and easy Chinese style beef fried rice recipe – great for an easy midweek dinner.
Are you wondering what to do with your leftover roast beef? You could save money and time (and of course waste less) by using your leftover food.
You could turn yesterdays roast beef into tonights dinner with this super simple easy dinner recipe for Chinese style beef fried rice.
This family dinner is filling, easy and totally delicious, best of all it’s a 20 minute recipe. Perfect for weeknight dinner when you’re busy and just want food to be ready fast.
You can make this easy recipe even with just a handful of leftover roast beef so don’t worry about quantities.
Just use what you have in and add in any extra ingredients you fancy if you need it to bulk the meal out further to feed more people.
Beef Fried Rice Ingredients
- 1 tbs sunflower oil – you could also use rapeseed oil if you prefer.
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped (or use a 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 large onion – just a regular brown onion is fine for this recipe just finely chopped – you could use a bunch of sliced spring onions if you prefer.
- 1 cup rice – I tend to just use basmati rice for this recipe but feel free to use whatever rice you prefer. Or when I’m really pushed for time or feeling lazy then I use a couple of bags of microwave egg fried rice instead.
- 1 cup frozen peas – you can use just peas or the the frozen peas and sweetcorn mixture.
- 2 large eggs – beaten
- Soy sauce to taste
What other ingredients can I add to beef fried rice?
Okay – so I’m a huge believer in making food the way you like it!
Add in ingredients you love to eat and that make you feel happy. Just use our beef fried rice recipe as a basic meal idea and add your own flair!
Try adding in…
- sweetcorn – just use the frozen peas and sweetcorn mixture or add in a can of sweetcorn.
- diced peppers – dice up red and green peppers and stir fry them before adding the rice.
- baby corn – you can use fresh baby corn or canned.
- sliced spring onions – you can use these in place of the brown onion or sprinkle sliced onions over your finished fried rice.
- diced courgettes – stir fry diced courgettes before you add the rice.
- chopped spinach – stir fresh chopped spinach into the rice to wilt it in the heat.
- grated carrots – bulk up the recipe with a grated carrot – just stir fry before adding the rice.
What to serve with beef fried rice
Loads of side dishes go with leftover roast beef fried rice – for something quick and easy try…
- steamed broccoli
- stir fried veggies – mushrooms, baby corn cabbage, peppers
- prawn crackers or Thai crackers with a sweet chilli dip
- pickled cucumber strips (you can make cucumber pickles really simply – just slice cucumber, pour over rice wine vinegar and a pinch of sugar – leave for an hour or so)
How to make beef fried rice
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- Handful of shredded leftover roast beef
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs - beaten
- soy sauce to taste
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions - this usually takes around 10 minutes
- Whilst the rice is cooking add a splash of oil into a wok or large frying pan
- Tip the garlic, onions and shredded beef into the wok and cook over a medium heat - stirring often so it doesn't stick - make sure the beef is thoroughly reheated and piping hot throughout.
- Cook the peas in the microwave as per the packet instructions - drain and put to one side
- Once the rice is cooked - drain
- Add another splash of oi to the wok and tip in the cooked rice and peas - stir fry briskly over a high heat
- Add the eggs and stir into the hot rice mixture until they're cooked through.
- Season the rice with soy sauce to your own taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
More recipes to make with leftover roast beef
Using up leftovers is a great way to save money on the food shopping and obviously waste less, which is always a good thing.
We’ve loads of ideas for using up your leftover roast beef from Italian beef stew which is a delicious, veggie packed stew bursting with Italian flavours to easy pasties or Chinese style beef noodle soup.
Get the leftover roast beef recipes here.
Easy dinner recipes with rice we think you’ll just LOVE
If you love rice based dinner recipes then you’ll love our quick and easy rice recipes below.
- Quick Moroccan Lamb with Herby Rice – Our easy Moroccan lamb mince is utterly delicious and so quick and simple to throw together making it great for busy weeknight dinner. We use just a handful of cheat ingredients for big flavour and minimum effort and to get this on the table fast!
- Sausages with Spicy Rice – A quick and versatile, easy family dinner with vegetables, slices of sausage and curry flavoured rice. This is an easy recipe to make and perfect for midweek dinner. You could serve with a warmed chapati or garlic flatbread and some cucumber raita.
- Easy Spanish Rice – Cheat your way to a really easy, flavourful Spanish rice recipe – baked with chicken, chorizo and prawns and a whole heap of lovely smoky Spanish flavours. We love this alongside a big green salad and the kids love a side of garlic ciabatta alongside too.
Save our delicious leftover roast beef fried rice recipe on Pinterest for later!