Use up your leftover roast beef in this tasty, quick and easy Chinese style beef fried rice – great for midweek dinner.
If you’re wondering what to do with your leftover roast beef? Well… you could turn yesterdays roast beef into tonights dinner with this super simple dinner recipe for Chinese style beef fried rice.
This family dinner is filling, easy and totally delicious, best of all it’s a 20 minute recipe, perfect for weeknight dinner when you’re busy and just want food to be ready fast.
You can make this easy recipe even with just a handful of leftover roast beef so don’t worry about quantities, just use what you have in and add in any ingredients you fancy.
How to make beef fried rice
Delicious way to use up leftover roast beef.
- Splash of sunflower oil
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped.
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- Cup of easy cook basmati rice
- Cup of frozen peas
- 2 large eggs - beaten
- Soy sauce to taste
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions - usually takes 10 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is cooking add a splash of oil into a wok or large frying pan.
- Tip in the garlic, onions and shredded beef and cook over a medium heat, stirring often so it doesn't stick - make sure the beef is thoroughly reheated and piping hot throughout.
- Cook the peas in the microwave, drain and put to one side.
- Once the rice is cooked - drain.
- Add another splash of oil to the wok and tip in the rice and peas, stir fry briskly.
- Add the eggs and stir into the hot rice mixture to cook them.
- Season the dish with soy sauce to taste.
How to make beef fried rice your way
- Switch the beef for leftover roast pork.
- Add in some more spice with a dash of sweet chilli sauce or red pepper flakes.
- Add in more veggies – go for chopped spinach or stir fried broccoli or even grated carrot which cooks quickly.
What to serve with beef fried rice
- Serve with a side of stir fried greens – spinach, broccoli or mange tout all work well.
- I love to add a side of prawn crackers with spicy chilli dip.
More recipes to make with leftover roast beef
We’ve loads of ideas for using up your leftover roast beef from Italian beef stew to easy pasties or beef noodle soup – get the leftover roast beef recipes here.