Crispy pancetta tossed together with oven roasted peppers – super easy midweek dinner that’s filling and packed with flavour, plus any leftovers taste great cold next day for lunch.
Really simple tasty pasta dish.
- 4 pointed peppers
- 250g fusilli
- splash of chilli infused olive oil
- 400g pancetta cubes (or 8 sliced bacon snipped into little squares)
- handful flat leaf parsley chopped
- Switch the oven on to 200C - place the peppers into a roasting tin and put them in the oven - leave to cook until the peppers are browning and softened - around 20-30 minutes.
- When the peppers have 15 minutes left to cook put the pasta on to cook (as per the packet instructions).
- And... add a splash of chilli oil to a frying pan and tip in the pancetta - fry over a medium heat until the pancetta is crisping up tastily.
- Remove the peppers from the oven - scrape off the charred skins, remove the seeds and chop the flesh into bitesize pieces. Tip the peppers into the pancetta and stir to coat everything in the chilli infused oil.
- Drain the pasta and tip into the pan with the pancetta and peppers - stir well then divide onto plates and scatter with chopped flat leaf parsley or basil.
Make pancetta and pepper pasta your way
- switch the pancetta for chorizo cubes
- add in more veggies – mushrooms, courgette all work well.
- short of time use a jar of chargrilled peppers or any antipasti jarred veggies you fancy.
- switch the chilli infused oil for garlic infused oil
How to serve pancetta and pepper pasta
- fab for midweek dinner add a side salad.
- leftovers make great packed lunch cold the next day.
PS…. We think you might also just LOVE our smoky chicken with quinoa recipe