Delicious and easy recipe for roast squash and feta couscous. This simple little dish is packed with flavour and big enough to be a midweek dinner just as it is, or use it as a side dish to roast meat, grilled fish or chicken.
I use the Ainsley Harriott flavoured couscous sachets – it’s really worth keeping a few of these in the cupboard as you can use them to turn a few leftovers into a dinner really easily.
I love this as an easy autumn-y dinner with a glass of red wine, if I’m feeling extra lazy I buy the bags or ready chopped and peeled butternut squash.
Delicious flavoursome couscous dish
- 1 tbs olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 butternut squash - peeled and chopped into bitesized pieces
- 1 red onion - peeled and chopped into wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic - left whole in skin
- 50g feta cheese - cubed
- 1 heaped tbs pine nuts
- handful of chopped basil
- 1 sachet of tomato flavoured couscous
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Toss the squash, onion and garlic in the olive oil then spread into a roasting tin and roast for around 25 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Once the squash is cooked - squeeze the garlic out of it's skin and gently mix into the squash and onion.
- Prepare the couscous as per the packet instructions and once cooked tip into the roasting tin.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan - this takes around 1-2 minutes.
- Add the nuts, feta and basil to the couscous and veg, stir gently to mix everything together.
- Divide between plates to serve.
Make roast squash and feta couscous your way
- Switch the squash for pumpkin or sweet potato
- Add in more veggies – try courgettes and mushrooms
- Use plain couscous instead of flavoured
- Add some chorizo sprinkles or snipped up crispy bacon
How to serve roast squash and feta couscous
- In bowls with a side of garlic bread and glass of red wine for midweek dinner.
- As an easy side dish for roast chicken.
- Leftovers are fab cold next day for lunch – just pack in air tight lunchbox.
You might also just LOVE our BEST Super Satisfying Vegan Recipes