A super simple roast tomato pasta sauce recipe that’s perfect tossed through freshly cooked spaghetti for an easy summer pasta recipe the whole family will love!
How To Make The Best Roast Tomato Pasta Sauce
When it comes to making pasta sauce I always find that simple flavoursome ingredients, cooked in a simple way is best.
Our cherry tomato pasta sauce is super low effort and gives big flavour and our easy roasted tomato pasta sauce is naturally vegan.
So to serve as a simple vegan pasta dish just be sure to skip the mozzarella when serving, alternatively serve with a plant based cheese of your choice.
Roast Tomato Pasta Sauce Ingredients
For the tomato pasta sauce
- 900g Baby Vine Tomatoes
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic unpeeled
- 500 g Fresh Egg Spaghetti
- Drizzle Olive Oil – to serve
- 250g Mozzarella – to serve
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- Chopping board
- Sharp vegetable knife
- Roasting tin
- Large saucepan
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
How To Make Roast Tomato Pasta Sauce
You will just LOVE how easy our roast tomato sauce for pasta is to make!
Step One – Preheat the oven
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6
Step Two – Roast the tomatoes
- I make my roasted cherry tomato pasta sauce in the easiest way possible! Grab a roasting tin throw in the baby cherry tomatoes – vine still on it’ll just lift off easily once cooked.
- Tuck in the garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil, a splash of Balsamic vinegar and season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Then roast for around 40 minutes until the tomatoes are super soft, falling easily from the vine and starting to caramelise.
Step Three – Make the roast tomato pasta sauce
- Next simply remove the vines, squash the garlic out of the skins and mix the whole lot together. Squashing down the tomatoes to make a rich and flavoursome sauce.
Step Four – Serve
- I toss the freshly cooked spaghetti into the pan and stir it well to coat it with all the tomato sauce and juices.
- And I serve simply scattered with fresh basil and a pop half a ball of mozzarella on the side just drizzled with olive oil. SO GOOD!
Delicious served with a side of Rocket Salad
Make Our Simple Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe Your Way
Our recipe gives you a great basic Italian pasta sauce but you can take it in different ways to suit yourself. Switch up the flavours, try…
- Add in a handful of capers and black olives
- Add some spice with a pinch or red chilli flakes or freshly chopped chilli
- Stir through some lemon and olive oil marinated tuna fish
- Add some sizzled bacon and pinch of ground toasted fennel seeds
- Stir through some juicy baby peas or steamed green beans
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
How To Use Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce
As well as stirring through freshly cooked pasta you can use your sauce to…
- Spread onto pizza bases as a pizza base sauce.
- Liven up cheese toasted sandwiches by adding a spoonful before grilling.
- Use our sauce to top bruschetta.
You might also just LOVE our easy tomato and mascarpone sauce for pasta here.
More Simple Summer Pasta Recipes To Try
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes and Easy Family Dinners your whole family will LOVE!
Love to eat Italian food? Try out more of our easy Italian recipes here
- 900g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- 500g fresh egg spaghetti to serve (use egg free pasta if vegan)
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic - leave peel on
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to a roasting tin – drizzle over the olive oil and Balsamic vinegar and season with salt and black pepper. Roast in the oven for around 30-40 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and squishy.
- Remove the vines from the tomatoes, squash the garlic out of the skins and stir through the sauce – squashing down tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the fresh egg spaghetti as per packet instructions (usually just 4-5 minutes)
- Tip the drained spaghetti into the sauce and toss everything together to coat in the lovely juices.
- To serve just divide between the 4 bowls and add half a ball of mozzarella – drizzled with just a little olive oil. Scatter over torn basil.
We love this served with half a ball of mozzarella per person, fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 465mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here
Save our Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce to Pinterest for later!
Hey – we hope you enjoy the recipe and when you cook it don’t forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie