A super simple roasted cherry tomato pasta sauce recipe that’s perfect tossed through freshly cooked spaghetti for an easy summer pasta recipe the whole family will love!
How to make the best roasted cherry tomato pasta sauce
When it comes to making pasta sauce I always find that simple flavoursome ingredients, cooked in a simple way is best.
Low effort – big flavour and our easy roasted tomato pasta sauce is naturally vegan. So it’s a great vegan pasta recipe, just skip the mozzarella when serving.
Fresh Tomato Pasta Sauce Ingredients
- 900 g Baby Vine Tomatoes
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 500 g Fresh Egg Spaghetti
- Drizzle Olive Oil to serve
- 2 Balls Mozzarella
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic unpeeled
How to make cherry tomato pasta sauce
I make my roasted cherry tomato pasta sauce in the easiest way possible! Just heat the oven to 200C. Grab a roasting tin throw in the baby cherry tomatoes – vine still on it’ll just lift off easily once cooked.
Tuck in some garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil, a splash of Balsamic vinegar and season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Then roast for around 40 minutes until the tomatoes are super soft, falling easily from the vine and starting to caramelise.
Next simply remove the vines, squash the garlic out of the skins and mix the whole lot together. Squashing down the tomatoes to make a rich and flavoursome sauce.
I toss the freshly cooked spaghetti into the pan and stir it well to coat it with all the tomato sauce and juices.
And I serve simply scattered with fresh basil and a pop half a ball of mozzarella on the side just drizzled with olive oil. SO GOOD!
Make our simple pasta sauce recipe your way
Our recipe gives you a great basic Italian pasta sauce but you can take it in different ways to suit yourself. Switch up the flavours, try…
- Add in a handful of capers and black olives
- Add some spice with a pinch or red chilli flakes or freshly chopped chilli
- Stir through some lemon and olive oil marinated tuna fish
- Add some sizzled bacon and pinch of ground toasted fennel seeds
- Stir through some juicy baby peas or steamed green beans
How to use roasted tomato pasta sauce
As well as stirring through freshly cooked pasta you can use your sauce to…
- Spread onto pizza bases as a pizza base sauce.
- Liven up cheese toasted sandwiches by adding a spoonful before grilling.
- Use our sauce to top bruschetta.
More simple summer pasta recipes to try
- 900g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- 500g fresh egg spaghetti to serve (use egg free pasta if vegan)
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic - leave peel on
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to a roasting tin – drizzle over the olive oil and Balsamic vinegar and season with salt and black pepper. Roast in the oven for around 30-40 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and squishy.
- Remove the vines from the tomatoes, squash the garlic out of the skins and stir through the sauce – squashing down tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the fresh egg spaghetti as per packet instructions (usually just 4-5 minutes)
- Tip the drained spaghetti into the sauce and toss everything together to coat in the lovely juices.
- To serve just divide between the 4 bowls and add half a ball of mozzarella – drizzled with just a little olive oil. Scatter over torn basil.
We love this served with half a ball of mozzarella per person, fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 465mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce to Pinterest for later!