Super easy homemade salsa from fresh tomatoes – a delicious Mexican inspired dip that goes perfectly with nachos and quesadillas.
Roast Tomato Salsa Recipe
Those cheese and jalapeño nachos deserve to be dipped into this pot of rich red, spicy, zingy salsa. Your quesadilla wants you to drizzle it over it’s filling.
Mexican salsa is so easy to make and tastes so much better than the shop bought jars. Real salsa is fantastic – really get’s your mouth watering!
The salsa will keep quite happily in the fridge for a couple of days – although it probably won’t get chance to!
Make homemade roast tomato salsa your way
You can take this salsa in different flavour directions – switch the lime for lemon and add fresh basil instead of coriander for an Italian style salsa that would be oh so good on bruschetta.
More easy dip recipes to make
- 4 large vine tomatoes
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper
- 1 chilli (if you like things to be hotter use more and a hotter variety)
- drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkling of salt
- juice of a lime
- bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Put the tomatoes, pepper and chilli into a roasting tray.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Roast in the oven until the chilli and pepper are just starting to blacken and the tomatoes are browning and squashy - around 30 minutes - keep your eye on the pepper and chilli you may need to remove these from the oven earlier.
- Once roasted allow the vegetables to cool down and then scrape them into a food processor - add the lime juice and pulse until you get a nice salsa texture.
- Stir through the roughly chopped coriander.
- Season to taste with salt.
Get dipping your nachos! Or use inside quesadillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 649mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 11g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more delicious dips recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Get more Mexican recipes here